Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
She had really bad stretch marks from using that brand. I don't know if she got fakes or what but I am actually scared hearing the name of that brand after seeing what happened to her.
Oh wow that's horrible smh...she probably got a fake because the real dodo consists of mostly kojic acid..which doesn't cause stretch marks..there had to be roids in the one she had, do you know where she bought it from?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fair & White Savon Aha-2 soap worked well for me. It doesn't have HQ and has ingredients that are good for exfoliation (lactic acid, etc.). I saw some lightening and the bar last pretty long for the price.

I just started using sure white soap; no updates about its effectiveness yet though.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
@2toned I have to say my skin is pretty thin and very sensitive so it absorbs quickly ingredients and I can get lighter in 2 weeks even though I have to watch out for stretch marks :scared: Hum after seeing the nasty Stretch marks Dodo lotion left on a friend, I would not advise anyone to use any of their products. She either got a fake or they might be hiding nasties like steroids in their products.....
I also know someone who got white dots and stretchies from Dodo though she'd mixed some Oranvate gel+cream into the Dodo so I thought twas the steroid betamethasone + clobetasol that gave her the stretch marks ... Did your friend add anything to the Dodo? Bcos if not, then the possibility of it being a "stretchmarks developer" is certain ... @Glowlover

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
i have been using kojie san from like 1 year and it didn't gave me any pale look!! just more clear and a bit brightening nothing else!! i will try to change seller
Ive also not seen any lightening from kojie san. I am certain I got fakes from where I bought them especially seeing as there's plenty of kojie san fakes around ...

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Right now Im using IKB gel, Precious gel and Xtreme Brite gel. Xtreme isnt really doing anything for me. I have the Beverly Hills ASDM Maximum Strength and the Glytone retexturizing lotion which I really dont see any type of anything happening with those. I used the hypprogel which i really liked (tube) im out of it though. I made a mixture/concoction of 10%HQ + Hypprogel (tube)+Maxi Light+ Beverly HIlls ASDM. Lets just say, I see looking at the four corners of the walls than with this mixture. Le Sigh. What are you currently using that's giving you results?
How did you mix the 10% HQ? Did you diy it or did you just get a ready cream with 10% HQ? @2toned

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I think I've become immune to kojie San.. Matter of fact KA products period. When I first start lighten, I'd get a nice creamy yellow tone within weeks. Now.. It just doesn't work the same
KA oxidizes quickly... Most likely thats your problem

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Best soaps for me :

**FACE - USA black spot soap with Vit.C

**BODY - Dodo, Toujours Jeune, Asante Papaya, Dr. Z & C

**Both Face + Body - Carambola soap

·
Registered
973 Posts
@AIME: how is dodo working for you? How is the soap? the lotion? i received mine today and upon opening it and peeking in, i saw small stick like orangey yellow pieces in there. Is that normal or is this a bad batch? May i inquire , how long until you started noticing results using both soap and cream/lotion? Would New Light Zaban or Labijanaise work on my knuckles/elbows/back/knees? Or do i need to mix any of those creams with something more powerful? Also how many jars of dodo have you used so far to see results? Will the dodo soap work on my permatan back and forearms?

·
Registered
973 Posts
How did you mix the 10% HQ? Did you diy it or did you just get a ready cream with 10% HQ? @2toned
@AIME: I diy myself: ProdermaLIght HQ 10% + Hypprogel + Maxi Light Cream + Beverley Hills ASDM Maximum Strength. I saw more looking at the four corners of my room than i did with this mixture. Then again my skin doesnt budge much for anything. I used the hypprogel on my lips and it helped. Below is a picture of my hand that I got PIH from occluding. his hand, even prior to PIH was always darker than the other and i just want it to be the same color as my other hand. The knuckles are darker than they appear in this picture. Would New Light Zaban, Labi or Dodo help?

View attachment 19553

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
@AIME: I diy myself: ProdermaLIght HQ 10% + Hypprogel + Maxi Light Cream + Beverley Hills ASDM Maximum Strength. I saw more looking at the four corners of my room than i did with this mixture. Then again my skin doesnt budge much for anything. I used the hypprogel on my lips and it helped. Below is a picture of my hand that I got PIH from occluding. his hand, even prior to PIH was always darker than the other and i just want it to be the same color as my other hand. The knuckles are darker than they appear in this picture. Would New Light Zaban, Labi or Dodo help?

View attachment 19553
New light will help but it takes consisitant use a peel like YPO may help it has help me some but it takes consisitant use as well after a 4 week break or more. I scrub my knuckles with a tooth brush LA will help that Pih and A +D ointment may also help as well.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
@AIME Yass! dat black spot soap is lit!:eek: I dropped kojie san too cuz there's way too many fakes now.
:five::five::wootrock: Its fantastic I tell you ...

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
What's carambola soap good for Hun?
Its a good rejuvenating and exfoliating soap ....Ive given all the details in my "Face Care .." thread. Check it out gurl ..

21 - 40 of 53 Posts