Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for soaps that make you appreicate your skin, removing unwanted spots and gives overall help.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi shersher. I see you are very new here. Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll enjoy being here. What exactly do you mean when you say 'removing unwanted spots'? Are you referring to acne, freckles, age-spots, moles? And as for appreciating your skin do you mean making it realy well exfoliated? Adding a pleasant scent? If you could please clarify what you are seeking, I'm certain people here will rush in with support & suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for a really good exfoliating soap to help with complexion that will remove dark caused by the sun for summer and one that help in the winter for keeping your skin moisturize so it doesn't dry out so bad. A lighten soap that really works would be nice for summer and winter for people of color.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
When a single soap that can do all that comes along, I'll be first in line to buy it. That being said, I really like the Likas Papaya soap from the Philippines. It doesn't claim (on the box) to lighten, but users seem to think it does. Go to Jose's thread 'my gift to those with dark marks..." or something like that & look at the photos he's posted of his results.

In my case, I find it is an excellent exfoliant & it leaves the skin super clean to better absorb the creams. It rinses clean leaving no residue, oily moisturizers or cloying scent. Not only that; it is cheap! So, if you buy it, decide you don't like it & toss it, you've not lost much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gotta ask you this, If you use lemon juice with your soap on a cloth will this help your complexion when showering, they say lemon help your skin. What do you think? They say it also lightens your skin,

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It can help exfoliate, but it is more of a lightener for people who are already light. Many people find it irritating. You don't want to wind up using too many different acidic/exfoliating products; esp with a lightening cream. The goal is to safely & evenly lighten your skin; NOT to dissolve your pretty face!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, nice looking out especially when your not thinking straight, sometimes its nice when someone else makes you think about it. And now it makes since thanks again. no need irritating my skin for nothing. My problem is my face, lower arms and hands, the rest of me is not that dark. The sun did a job on me when i was working there was no way to hide, duck the sun. I started wearing long sleeves over my uniform shirt and a straw hat. It helped and help alot but wouldn't mind what i had before the sun i worked with a construction company, but not like the guys. The company after 9 yrs for me has closed so i have time to work on my skin right now, no more outside work for me. so what else can i use. I really don't want to do anything i'll regret later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts