Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started using Taz cream ( Retin family)....I had been using Green Cream since April. I am on my 5th day of using, I have not experienced any peeling as of yet, however I should of probably gone a bit easier on my neck area. I notice that my neck seems to have a more "wrinkled" look, I know the neck area can be much more sensitive, so maybe I should of buffered it. Anyway, what do you advise that I put on my neck to help with that "crinkly" look, I have been trying the sweet almond oil, but I dont think that is enough.

I appreciate any recommendations and or comments. Have any of you experienced this????? If so did it eventually get smoother??? I certainly do not want to make things worse. I was applying on my neck in the hopes of helping with the "crepe paper look" hope I didn't do more damage

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi-

I just posted on the thread about firmness and I had just told Fawnie I am treating from HEAD TO TOE with retin-a at present for the same issue. My skin is 100% better than what it was and I have seen a disappearance of the "crepe-paper" look. I initially had chalked this up to exfoliation, then to sun exposure but now I know it was copper-petides actually as my face is fine just my entire body where I used CPs was really bad.

I have seen in just two weeks using this that the crepe-paper look slowly is receding. I still have it in areas but it seems like it is almost "retreating" from more taut areas first then slowly all over. So my guess is yes it will work. It may look worse first though as I went through a few really bad days where I too wondered if I was ruining my skin more!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.....I keep wondering "am I doing more damage" my neck was suffering from (sun damage) more than an other part of my body.....So I thought the retin may help, then when I noticed it seemed to of gotten more "wrinkly" I was hoping and praying I did not do more damage. So you think it will get worse before it gets better????? I hope so

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mom--my neck was bad too same thing--the worst area of my body was my stomach though but it has stronger skin also where I used the greatest "percent" of CP lotion. On the neck I have done retin-a and then about an hour later I put neosporin on and it is soft, supple and looks better. The retin-a is drying it so it looks more crepe like but if you keep it moist it should improve. The whole thing is that retin-a (Taz as well) build collagen in the deeper layers of the skin and in turn that will strengthen the skin so the underlying tissue will support the skin so less laxicity and thus less crepe looking skin. It is not pleasant but--what price we pay for beauty?!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok.. I thought that it may get worse before better, but I was not sure. I went on the Taz website and it plays a video on how to apply and it indicates that moisturizing before is a must. I know some people feel that it makes the cream less potent that way, but those are the instructions that are given......maybe I should try that

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would. I do not believe in the whole theory that buffering is bad or that certain things "interfere" with topicals. They are made pretty stable these days it is not like it used to be where if you took it out of the fridge the compounds started to degrade. Also, they are made to withstand oils and other environmental factors like soap residue etc on any given face so I do not think a moisturiser will have any great impact. I know some people on here will jump out of their seats at that comment but honestly, it is not a diamond, it is a topical medication and at worst it will weaken it slightly.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom I am sorry this has happened to you.
Yes the neck is always more sensitive.
You will need to moisturize before or mix the moisturizer with the Taz for the neck.
Emu oil might help right now. Def don't use the taz until it clears up. Same for the chest area - sensitive!

And it goes without saying: use a high-powered sunscreen now or you will burn like fi-ah!!

HTH

Skin | care | talk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts