Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vitamin-C Serum D-I-Y - S$3.50 : Whoopeekiddies Pte Ltd, We cannot grow YOUNG, but we can help the young GROW UP
Active Manuka Honey is used for Acid Reflux, Heartburn, Stomach Ulcers, now available in the USA

I came across these two websites, one has many many manuka honey products, the other sells DIY ingredients.( I am not sure about the VIT C serum) please feel free to post what you think of the products. I have not ordered from either site. Since I do not know much about these products,I cannot say if they are even good I am not sure if anyone can find these useful, but I thought I would post. I wish I was as helpful and knowledgeable to offer more, however I am so new at all of this that I really dont have much to offer as far as skin care products, vitamins DIY products etc. But I am grateful that so many of you take the time to post your wisdom. This site has been such a blessing, I just wish I could be as helpful as others have been to me.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You'll be preaching the skin care gospel before you know it.

From reading that site, I cant see anything particularly different about that C powder compared to most any 100% pure c powder/crystals that you can buy online or in health food stores. We do know it will work. I guess there's a chance it's ultra-fine but I doubt it. Since switching to the ulta-fine powder, I'll never go back to the other. It is more expensive though.

Premium ingredients at less than premium prices... Lotioncrafter :: Antioxidants :: L-Ascorbic Acid, Ultrafine

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Good detective work, Mom! The only problem I have with that DIY C serum kit is the part at the end when they advise adding it to a face cream....WRONG! The C serum has to have pH below 3.5 to be available to the skin cells. Most skin creams are not that low.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh...see that is why I posted and asked..you guys are always chock full of info. and advice. Yes, hopefully in time Peri, I will gain enough knowledge to pass along to others. Right now I am in the learning phase....sometimes I just go on this sight for hours and just read. I have finally ordered (not from that site) all of the ingredients to make my own serum. I was convinced by another poster that I can do it!!! that was my biggest fear, making a mistake. I ordered the strips as well, I am anxious about trying this. Can you make a mistake, like burning your skin? I know the ph is important, so is it fool-proof as long as I get the ph correct?? I am still using GC almost 3 weeks, no real improvement, Kevin said it could take 6-8 weeks to notice, I am trying to be patient. I am using L6 and still not flaking, peeling or any redness.

Although I must tell you, I have started to use sunscreen faithfully (something I had not done prior to joining this site). Today I had an emergency dental appt, so I showered quickly put on GC dried my hair and put my make-up on, I did not apply sunscreen as I usually do (it was also raining today). While I was sitting in the Dental chair, the Dentist put that big ol Fluorescent light on while he worked on my teeth. A short while after he started his work, he asked me why I was so flushed....he thought I was nervous (he knows me so well he thought this was unusual) I just chuckled and that was that. After I left his office, I felt like I had been lying on a beach, my face felt flushed and hot. I got in my car and put the air on (high) it was not hot out today. I then thought about it on the way home and wondered If I was getting "burnt" by the light. I know there was discussion about lighting the other day, so I was kicking myself for not putting on my sunscreen, even though it was cloudy and rainy.

I now realize I must wear it all the TIME......Do you think the feeling of "flushed" came from the light???? either way I will wear sunscreen EVERY DAY

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Haha! Mom! Yes you need to wear SS every day now that you are using GC! It makes your skin more susceptible to any UV light, even the incidental type that we get going from car to building. It's all cumulative!

That's wonderful you're going to start using a C serum! It will give the GC a little boost and should give you some nice results in smoothing, clarity and strength of your skin.

You don't have to peel to get results from GC! I never peeled and I felt like it was truly helping my skin. In fact the less overt peeling the better IMO. That way you can tolerate it better and stick with it. The purpose is to thin the outer "horny" layer and thicken the under layer so that the wrinkles are plumped up and smoothed out. The thinning of the outer layer makes the skin more likely to burn tho.

Stay with it Mom! No one expects you to be the expert yet! But you will be and you'll be able to share your success!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I now realize I must wear it all the TIME......Do you think the feeling of "flushed" came from the light???? either way I will wear sunscreen EVERY DAY
Hey Mom - I had a similar experience just sitting in my room under a wacky light in the ceiling. I am staying temporarily in a place, and there is a ridiculous light in the ceiling that shines down on me all day long. One half of my face and neck were flushed and irritated, the other half was fine. I know it was from that wretched light. I pointed that thing AWAY from me, the place where I sit all day and work at my computer, and have been fine ever since. So I do not feel the need to wear sunscreen unless I go out of doors. So far, so good.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Mom- we will hold your hand and help you make the Vit C serum. We promise you- Trust me......if i can do this, I know you can. Your aviator tells all-

I am glad you have taken the pludge and are going to be joining us DIYers. WE need another on this crewship!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts