Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried nadinola, palmers success fade milk or ambi fade cream? These products use HQ and I know nadinola I believe has 3% HQ while the other 2 products have 2% I think. Do these products work good at lightening the skin at all? And has anyone noticed any side effects from using them?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wouldn't use HQ at all, my skin got darker when I used them, they lighten the skin initially and then the skin gets very sensitive from the sun and 4-5+ months later the skin gets darker, I have worked in the cosmetic industry for a while and have a lot of discussion with chemists .. last year I used a cream with resorcinol and it helped a lot my pigmentation a lot.
wow thank you for your insight! I have heard ppl say that there is a period when you should use HQ before u stop for a break and I believe it lasts around 3 months of usage and a 3 month break before getting back to it like a cycle and always wear sunscreen, how long would u say u used your HQ for? But you are absolutely right, it’s not the best for the skin. What is the name of the cream you used and what areas of your body/face did you use it for? Also what is your advise for products with alpha arbutin in them?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot the cream I use, just keep in mind this is a wholesale product so it does not have ingredients on it, you can email them to send you the ingredients list, you can buy samples and try Skin Whitening Gel
thank you so much for explaining everything!! I’ll look into the cream you use. I don’t wear makeup so I don’t usually worry with that stuff. You mentioned real alpha arbutin, what are some products that havethe real stuff and the fake ones you mentioned from China? I am planning on starting my use of IKB gel, it is said to have a high percentage of alpha arbutin in it but I’m mixing it semi with some lactic acid lotion

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@gymrat do you have any experiences with these products or know anybody on the forum who has used them that could drop their insights as well? Thank you! :)

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hear HQ is being taken off the market soon, so I've stocked up on Nadinola.
Using G&G/Dodo/IKB/Carolight lightened me about 2 shades in a short period of time. Unfortunately, I redarkened over the summer since I was lazy with sun protection and not using my mix. I don't see G&G anymore on beauty supply sites, I only see it being sold for like $20 on Etsy.

I find that Nadinola works just as well as G&G. I've bought the other products you've listed a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping that mixing multiple HQ products together increases the % of the HQ.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In
Using G&G/Dodo/IKB/Carolight lightened me about 2 shades in a short period of time. Unfortunately, I redarkened over the summer since I was lazy with sun protection and not using my mix. I don't see G&G anymore on beauty supply sites, I only see it being sold for like $20 on Etsy.

I find that Nadinola works just as well as G&G. I've bought the other products you've listed a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping that mixing multiple HQ products together increases the % of the HQ.
Is the G&G on Etsy legit?? They’ve removed ikb gel from Mitchell brands site but it’s still being sold on other sites/stores, so I’m gonna stock up on those too. I’m gonna order those other products and hopefully the combination of everything will help just as you’ve said. Also how did you hear HQ is being taken off the market??? 👀

·
Registered
9 Posts
In

Is the G&G on Etsy legit?? They’ve removed ikb gel from Mitchell brands site but it’s still being sold on other sites/stores, so I’m gonna stock up on those too. I’m gonna order those other products and hopefully the combination of everything will help just as you’ve said. Also how did you hear HQ is being taken off the market??? 👀
I saw it on another forum, but I think they were misinformed about the CARES act. Please disregard it.

I've never bought G&G on Etsy and the stockpile price would steer me away. I'm using Carowhite as a substitute along with Nadinola. It's been 2 weeks and my permatan is beginning to fade.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw it on another forum, but I think they were misinformed about the CARES act. Please disregard it.

I've never bought G&G on Etsy and the stockpile price would steer me away. I'm using Carowhite as a substitute along with Nadinola. It's been 2 weeks and my permatan is beginning to fade.

Does carowhite make people orange? Am I thinking of the right product? And I just started my lightening process today, I used my soap and kept it on my body and face for about 30 mins I want to say, then I mixed portions of ikb gel on my hand and amlactin lotion together and used on my body, on my face and lips I used straight ikb. I’m going to do this daily for 2 weeks and take pictures along with it to see if there is any progress!

How are you liking the nadinola? I’m scared to try HQ lowkey because of side effects, but I feel like if it’s done properly it shouldn’t be a problem? Does carowhite have HQ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does carowhite make people orange? Am I thinking of the right product? And I just started my lightening process today, I used my soap and kept it on my body and face for about 30 mins I want to say, then I mixed portions of ikb gel on my hand and amlactin lotion together and used on my body, on my face and lips I used straight ikb. I’m going to do this daily for 2 weeks and take pictures along with it to see if there is any progress!

How are you liking the nadinola? I’m scared to try HQ lowkey because of side effects, but I feel like if it’s done properly it shouldn’t be a problem? Does carowhite have HQ?
Carowhite has carotene, which is responsible for the yellow and orange in produce. It’s given me a high yellow tone, but I can see it giving off orange on a darker skintone.

HQ has had no side effects for me, Nadinola is the goat on well exfoliated skin (kojie San and amlactin are great). It works very quickly. Just remember to avoid the sun and use sunblock.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carowhite has carotene, which is responsible for the yellow and orange in produce. It’s given me a high yellow tone, but I can see it giving off orange on a darker skintone.

HQ has had no side effects for me, Nadinola is the goat on well exfoliated skin (kojie San and amlactin are great). It works very quickly. Just remember to avoid the sun and use sunblock.
What do you like to use for your lips?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever tried nadinola, palmers success fade milk or ambi fade cream? These products use HQ and I know nadinola I believe has 3% HQ while the other 2 products have 2% I think. Do these products work good at lightening the skin at all? And has anyone noticed any side effects from using them?
Hi, the only product I've used that you mentioned is Ambi Fade cream. I've used it for years, started in my teens because of pimple scars. I have never had a problem. You're supposed to just use it on the darkened area to even it out. But I just used it as a night moisturizer after washing my face then went to bed. I used all my face. On a matter of weeks to months all discolorations on my face were gone, flawless. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on my "even, glowing skin". I'm not very excited about having these expensive time consuming facial routines, forget it. I simply washed my face at night and in the morning, used my Ambi and go. But NO, there was no skin lightening ever. Just a perfectly soft, even skin tone. By the way it has also completely faded some scars I had on my legs from either falling or shaving. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I personally avoid products with HQ in it because they usually thin out the skin and damage it after a while. I prefer to use products made from plant extracts because they are natural lightening and very safe. You can check hoyeens_beauty_secret on ig. They have safe lightening products.
Do you know anything about pure Egyptian magic whitening lotion? It doesn’t have HQ or steroids

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't used it but a friend has. It cleared her dark spots and all. She later noticed she was having white patches and redness . She had to stop.
Oh wow that’s horrible! I probably shouldn’t use it then. I was thinking of giving it a try...

What is your experience with ikb gel and precious gel?

·
Registered
94 Posts

Whattt are you sure?? HQ is going to be taken from the market?? World wide? Or just in USa?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts