Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now a good way's into my 1 month experiment with SW. In previous months, I used HQ/RA as many of you are also doing. Today, I took a good look in the mirror & I'm defitely a touch darker. Not markedly so, but the SW is definitely NOT lightening me & I've lost a little ground. NOT GOOD!

I still think SW has good lightening potential BUT in tandem with other active ingredients such as either HQ, RA or KJ. It IS a great exfoliant & left my skin beautifully smooth. The cream I made was a very neutral base: not overly moisturizing & not drying. The SW (6%) was the sole active ingredient. F&F uses 5% SW in tandem with other actives so this is likely the determining factor for effectiveness. Next time, I'll try adding some kojic acid to the cream to see what effect this has. By slowly modifying the formulations, we'll eventually figure out ways to make the most of SW. As it stands as a 'solo' ingredient, I BET that white people, & fair Asians etc. WOULD have gotten lightening & nice smoothness from my 6% cream w/o the redness & irritation many with this type of skin get from other actives.

It won't take me long to get back on-track with my regular lightening. I'm taking the day to consider how to proceed: I may alernate HQ 2x/day on one day & SW the morning on the next day + RA at night to see what happens. I have to add something else because I don't want to re-darken too much & lose the considerable progress I have made. Just thought I'd put that out there.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
you sure its not sun exposure b/c of poor sunblock/lack of a shade, maybe there is something wrong with the homemade sepiwhite formula, btw Kojic acid is not recommend to lighten dark skin because it is very harsh, irritates and causes hyperpigmentation.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's odd, Ondine. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
btw is the HQ from alldaychemist cream formula light or thick, greasy, poreclogging?
Hi LightenNLift,

I've been using the HQ from ADC and it is definitely NOT greasy. It sinks straight in and leaves a matt finish. I LOVE the feel of it. It's about the same consistency as RA, just an average cream consistency. I don't think it's pore clogging. So far so good for me, although it's only been five days.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Wow. I was really pulling for the SW. Well, maybe it works better for asian/caucasion skin. And if adding other skin lighteners, the potential would be better? Maybe the hq/ra and the sw regimine will work nicely too.

About the hq cream from ADC, what are the other ingredients such as the base ingredients?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LNL, I've been asking myself the same question but I haven't been out in the sun. Oddly enough, my mother took a look at me today & remarked that I look fairer. Go figure!
I looked a little darker to me.

I'm hoping it is just my imagination, but I've been watching carefully & I don't think so.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the texture of ADC's HQ4%, it doesn't clog my pores either. It absorbed rapidly & left a matte finish. It didn't separate, didn't have little crystallized pieces in it & didn't turn brown. It is identical to the one sold by SSS.

·
Registered
394 Posts
LNL, I've been asking myself the same question but I haven't been out in the sun. Oddly enough, my mother took a look at me today & remarked that I look fairer. Go figure!
I looked a little darker to me.

I'm hoping it is just my imagination, but I've been watching carefully & I don't think so.
You're so right it could well be your imagination. That's happenned to me a couple of times. I look in one mirror & look a shade darker and i look in another & look the same, then sometimes it seems i'm just stuck in that one shade & not lightening anymore, it really gets weird, this lightening thing sure makes looking in the mirror interesting! BTW, i'll go with ur Mum cuz other people are best at accessing changes. Keep us informed

·
Registered
47 Posts
oh wow i was rooting for SW!
Ondine, did you take any b4 & after pictures before you came to this conclusion?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts