Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was it that said that this .1% gel was REALLY irritating? I am just wondering as I have used it for two days now and it does not irritate my skin at all. I mean yes I am a bit red but not peeling or flaky and my skin actually looks really good, better than with the cream, it is shiny and smooth now. The only irritation I have is on my single "neck ring" which is a bit red/rashy looking and under my eyes is a bit more red. Perhaps because I used .05% so long it just is ok but I am glad to say it is not that bad. I had a much worse reaction with tri-luma!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Wish I could say the same. I'll never use that strength again. I only use it on my arms. Not my hands. From all I've read about tretinoin, the 0.05% is all you need for max results.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree about .05% but at times .1% is needed to maximise what can be done and then you can go back to .05% for maintenance. I did buy it mainly for my body skin concerns though but am using it on my face too!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok ...I am getting ready to order some Retin and Taz from ADC....my question is, What strength do you think I should start with...I have been using Green Cream L6 since April....never had redness, peeling or flaking. I seem to have pretty "tough skin" since shipping is expensive I figure I should order a few tubes. I also remember reading that the gel is better for people with oily skin, and I suffer with VERY oily skin. I know Fawnie uses the Taz and has recommended that to me in the past.

I am now finally ready to start with the Retin and or Taz .any suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks guys..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Fawnie....I just ordered a few tubes.....I am hoping to get better results than I did with the Green Cream. I really didn't notice much of a difference with Green Cream and I used it for quite some time

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Why do you prefer Taz?
I found that once I got used to retinoids by using Retin-A Micro 0.04% first, the 0.1% Taz seems to work better for me, as far as smoothing and lightening.

It may work faster too, compared to 0.05% Renova. (not a very good comparison IMO, but that's the way this study was done.)Tazarotene vs. tretinoin | Article from Dermatology Times | HighBeam Research

It has to be used cautiously at first or it can cause nasty burns. I buffered it at first but now use it straight. I think this works for me anyway. We have to experiment with what works best for our own needs!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the problem Fawnie--all these things work then need to be changed out to something else. I used Differin before and at first it was a dream come true, less irritation and sun sensitivity than tretinoin then suddenly did nothing. I am now using the .1% tretinoin gel and must say just 3 days into it I love it! My skin looks so much better (am using it ALL over at present) and it is definitely helping to quickly repair my skin. For me the mild erythema is great because I like a tan and it gives me a little sun-kissed look though I am well out of the sun. Unfortunately that will wear off! I guess I will need to consider taz at some point too.

BTW-I have read a lot now on CP's and I am convinced that my damage was from CP as the description of everyone who has had issues is exactly like what I have had and everyone claims a sudden onset just as I had.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the microgel formula of any Retin-A is easier on the skin than the cream versions. My understanding is that the delivery is less abrupt, so the skin won't get so irritated. If you're seeing results in a few days, I imagine you'll see much more in 6 months. But it's not that Retin-A quits working, it just gets to a maintenance point and that's it. You quit using it, and skin stops sloughing off at the same rate...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am using the .1% gel and it is really doing a great job on my skin! I have dewey, shiny and very youthful skin now as opposed to the dullness I was trying to get rid of. I experienced only minor irritation so I am not sure I am eager to go over to the micro-gel as this is working for now. I did not see the same results with .05% cream though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts