Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I want to share information .My friend bought RA in Argentina.The name is NEOTRETIN cream..0.025%,0.050% and 0.005%(NEVER see like this 0.005%)i do not know if it good cream like Retin A .I will see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone been scammed buying retin a online? Unfortunately some of the better known online pharmacies don't ship to my country. So I recently placed a order on a place with decent prices but no feedback on the forums from past buyers. (I also have a reliable but pricier source). And I'm pretty skeptical it's going to come. I've noticed a lot of strange behaviour from them. Like constantly calling me asking me to place more orders. And the tracking number doesn't seem legit. I'll keep you updated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My sister and I both bought retina online and are prettier certain it is not actual retina. We've both used it for years. It has a pearly look and the ones we got do not look that way and neither of us peeled after use which happens with the real thing. I broke down and got it from a pharmacy out of pocket ( prescription from doc). Which was so expensive but I'm wasting money buying fakes. I used to buy online all the time. Anyone else think they got a fake?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone been scammed buying retin a online? Unfortunately some of the better known online pharmacies don't ship to my country. So I recently placed a order on a place with decent prices but no feedback on the forums from past buyers. (I also have a reliable but pricier source). And I'm pretty skeptical it's going to come. I've noticed a lot of strange behaviour from them. Like constantly calling me asking me to place more orders. And the tracking number doesn't seem legit. I'll keep you updated!
Well the online pharmacy I took a chance on didn't let me down. I received my retin a and its the same brand and manufacture / expiry dates etc of the one I'm already using. So I think it's legit too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought Retin A 0.05% and 0.025% from http://www.topsaleshops.com/index.as...Search=retin+a. I contacted seller and he sent me invoice .I paid it. Today I got RA. It took 15 days. I bought 10g tubes. No shipping cost. Only I paid by Pay pal. So, will see if it's work well. I got 10g because I have other Retin A that wil expire very soon.. Question....If Retin will expire, I can't use it??

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
I bought Retin A 0.05% and 0.025% from http://www.topsaleshops.com/index.as...Search=retin+a. I contacted seller and he sent me invoice .I paid it. Today I got RA. It took 15 days. I bought 10g tubes. No shipping cost. Only I paid by Pay pal. So, will see if it's work well. I got 10g because I have other Retin A that wil expire very soon.. Question....If Retin will expire, I can't use it??
Yes, you can still use it, they just can't sell it. I use mine once expired and it still works the same.

Glad topsales worked for you and nice they accept paypal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just noticed eBay seemed to have banned Retin-A/Tretinoin from being sold on the website! This is very annoying. Anyone have recommendations for places that accept Paypal and do 0.1%? I really do not trust giving me card details to some of these sites. I looked at Topsales but they don't seem to have 0.1%. Help!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ebay not selling it I think is actually a good thing as in the UK there were a lot of horror stories about Retin A and it was simply from people not educating themselves about using it properly. Sad thing is that it punishes everyone but then I suppose it is a prescription medicine for a reason. I read that one 18 year old girl was so fearful about aging she was applying 0.1% several times a day and of course her skin reacted badly to it. Sad thing is that everyone is punished now by this person's behavior which is unfair. Having said that Retin A produces some horrible side effects whereas using Retinol products can produce same results but just need a little time to do so.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Ebay not selling it I think is actually a good thing as in the UK there were a lot of horror stories about Retin A and it was simply from people not educating themselves about using it properly. Sad thing is that it punishes everyone but then I suppose it is a prescription medicine for a reason. I read that one 18 year old girl was so fearful about aging she was applying 0.1% several times a day and of course her skin reacted badly to it. Sad thing is that everyone is punished now by this person's behavior which is unfair. Having said that Retin A produces some horrible side effects whereas using Retinol products can produce same results but just need a little time to do so.
Isn't that always the case, what's sad is RA has been around for years and isn't even easy to get, even when you have a prescription. It's a constant game with insurance, and I play it often, the things we have to do for a little topical gel :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
cheapest way to legitimately get retin a (any other RX):

1. use an app like Spruce (what I use) to see a dermatologist for free/cheap (promo code, any other visits $40) + takes about 1-5hrs to get RX. I'm sure there are others, haven't found any though.
2. get the RX for generics
3. use GoodRX to find cheapest retin a (this is also how I got cheap HQ)
4. tell them to send to local pharmacy or an online one (quicker to go local).
5. use the pharmacy transfer/1st time fill coupons (CVS, Walgreens, etc. notorious for these coupons) + your CVS card

BONUS: Use your FSA/HSA card since it's a acne prescription from derm it is approved (check with your HSA/FSA provider first to verify).

in a few hours for $50 or less you get:
1. retin a
2. HQ
3. a visit w/a board certified derm
4. no insurance involved
5. using pre-tax dollars

pretty solid deal IMO. hope someone can provide tips to beat that. i don't mind getting anything cheaper ;)

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
cheapest way to legitimately get retin a (any other RX):

1. use an app like Spruce (what I use) to see a dermatologist for free/cheap (promo code for free 1st visit, any other visits $40) + takes about 1-5hrs to get RX. I'm sure there are others, haven't found any though.
2. get the RX for generics
3. use GoodRX to find cheapest retin a (this is also how I got cheap HQ)
4. tell them to send to local pharmacy or an online one (quicker to go local).
5. use the pharmacy transfer/1st time fill coupons (CVS, Walgreens, etc. notorious for these coupons) + your CVS card

BONUS: Use your FSA/HSA card since it's a acne prescription from derm it is approved (check with your HSA/FSA provider first to verify).

in a few hours for $50 or less you get:
1. retin a
2. HQ
3. a visit w/a board certified derm
4. no insurance involved
5. using pre-tax dollars

pretty solid deal IMO. hope someone can provide tips to beat that. i don't mind getting anything cheaper ;)
I pay $10 a tube when I get RA prescribed from my Derm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Im looking for a way to get some retin-a 0.1%. I'm in Canada. Its super hard and I can't afford to go to a derm again to get an rx. Can anyone help? Ive used the micro before and had great results but Im not sure if thats even possible to find through my searches. Any help is super appreciated!

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
Hi all,
Im looking for a way to get some retin-a 0.1%. I'm in Canada. Its super hard and I can't afford to go to a derm again to get an rx. Can anyone help? Ive used the micro before and had great results but Im not sure if thats even possible to find through my searches. Any help is super appreciated!
Try looking in the Marketplace Forum you may have some luck there

http://www.skincaretalk.com/forumdisplay.php/67-Marketplace

21 - 40 of 72 Posts