Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am 44 years old and am seeing the very disturbing results of way too much time (in my youth and currently) in the harsh South African sun. Being a keen sportswoman and cyclist, I use a good sunblock, but the sun probably still gets hold of my super-sensitive skin.
I've been using (some) La Mer products for about 3 years, and as much as I love the product, I'm just no longer able to justify their crazy prices. I am just an ordinary working mother...not a film-star or someone to whom finance is not an issue.
Has anyone heard of Neo Strata? Or any other good anti-aging, anti sun-damage products that are reasonably priced, and are readily available in S.A.?
I live in Cape Town.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi Sue! Hoe gaan dit? I love Xtendlife products for softening and smoothing but for sun damage I would recommend you consider doing some of your own vitamin c (tons of posts on here on that) and also, depending where, retin-a. If it is face you can get retin-a online for as cheap as 3 dollars (US) a tube 20g. It is THE only known proven wrinkle reducing, sun damage reversing agent scientifically proven to work. There are so many products that it is hard. I would do some peels and use retin-a, Xtendlife (pricy BUT not like La Mer) for moisture/dryness and firming and also vitamin c and continued sunblock. I too love the sun and outdoors and am suffering as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts