Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spa treatments are believed to be good for the skin, but can wine, beer or even worse - crude oil, as spa treatment products produce positive effects when applied topically to the skin? Is there a medical reason behind it?

I've seen it somewhere and it's really very interesting. Is there anyone here who has tried it already? May I know how it feels like?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I know with the skin, something that works wonders for one person can cause havoc on another. So I guess the best thing is to do some research on google and then try it for yourself if you are brave enough!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spa treatments are believed to be good for the skin, but can wine, beer or even worse - crude oil, as spa treatment products produce positive effects when applied topically to the skin? Is there a medical reason behind it?

I've seen it somewhere and it's really very interesting. Is there anyone here who has tried it already? May I know how it feels like?
I know that wine contains tartaric acid which is a great natural exfoliator - the acid loosens dead cells from the upper layer of skin. I haven't tried it yet myself but I plan to! One recipe I found recommended mixing wine and yogurt in a 1:2 ratio. Yogurt has lactic acid which is also a great natural exfoliator, and it is also naturally moisturizing.

I would definitely stay away from crude oil products. I don't think they are healthy for anyone. I can't post links here because I'm a new user, but if you do a search on "petroleum and skin" you'll see some interesting articles. One article I found quotes recent research claiming that skin absorbs 60% of chemicals in products you use directly into the bloodstream. I don't know about you, but that gives me cause to pause, especially since crude oil derivatives like petroleum and mineral oil contain known carcinogens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.