Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spa treatments are believed to be good for the skin, but can wine, beer or even worse - crude oil, as spa treatment products produce positive effects when applied topically to the skin? Is there a medical reason behind it?

I've seen it somewhere and it's really very interesting. Is there anyone here who has tried it already? May I know how it feels like?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I know with the skin, something that works wonders for one person can cause havoc on another. So I guess the best thing is to do some research on google and then try it for yourself if you are brave enough!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Of course beer is good for everyone! Everyone loves beer, so why not soak in it? they do that in Sweden. here's an article regarding the beer spa treatment. oooh! me likey!

body-philosophy.net/outrageous_spa_treatments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spa treatments are believed to be good for the skin, but can wine, beer or even worse - crude oil, as spa treatment products produce positive effects when applied topically to the skin? Is there a medical reason behind it?

I've seen it somewhere and it's really very interesting. Is there anyone here who has tried it already? May I know how it feels like?
I know that wine contains tartaric acid which is a great natural exfoliator - the acid loosens dead cells from the upper layer of skin. I haven't tried it yet myself but I plan to! One recipe I found recommended mixing wine and yogurt in a 1:2 ratio. Yogurt has lactic acid which is also a great natural exfoliator, and it is also naturally moisturizing.

I would definitely stay away from crude oil products. I don't think they are healthy for anyone. I can't post links here because I'm a new user, but if you do a search on "petroleum and skin" you'll see some interesting articles. One article I found quotes recent research claiming that skin absorbs 60% of chemicals in products you use directly into the bloodstream. I don't know about you, but that gives me cause to pause, especially since crude oil derivatives like petroleum and mineral oil contain known carcinogens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts