Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having two children, I developed spider veins. They seemed to have gotten worse with my second one (who is now nine years old). They are on my leg (inner, not my thigh closer to my knee) Is there anything to help fade them, or am I asking for a miracle?????? I know surgery may help, but I really cant afford that route. Just thought I would ask, I think I know the answer but I thought I would try anyway

·
Administrator
33,835 Posts
yes, spider veins arent' they a lovely addition?
I have some on the back of leg right at the bend of knee. I try not to pay too much attention to them in hopes that maybe someday they will disappear on their own. They appeared on their own,....... so maybe they will leave on their own as well.

After I get a little color (tan) I don't seem to notice them too much. They say putting your feet up will help, and wearing compression stockings (nylons) help too.

I had the main vein in my right leg removed about 5 years ago. After having that removed lots of little spider veins appeared. The doctor gave me this compression stocking to wear, OMG just trying to put that thing on was a workout in itself!

But please let me know if you find something that works for you, I will get it-

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had read reviews awhile back (before I found this forum) on Avon. They sell a cream that people had reviewed and insisted it help fade them. I can't imagine that a cream could help fade them, but like I said if you read the reviews women swear by it. Hmmmmm...if you look on Avon.com you can see the reviews.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a yoga pose that (according to my teacher) helps to get rid of spider veins. What you do is lay on your back and get as close to a wall as you can, with your butt right up against the wall and your legs straight up against the wall (if you're doing it right, it should kind of look like your body is in an "L" shape. Apparently, doing this is supposed to relieve pressure on your legs or something which helps get rid of spider veins.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spider veins are one type of a disease. It is a blood vessels it is related with a varicose veins.when it become a large space on body then it known as a varicose veins. It can be a red, blue, purple or black. If it convert in to a varicose veins then it is not good for the entire body. So we need to remove it by following some tips of physician as early as possible.

spider veins

·
Registered
826 Posts
vitamin k + vitamin c is known to work for a number of people, or just have veinwave done. depending on how many veins you have it might not even cost that much.

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
Came across the same as Nightjade in my searches...Vitamin K1 and Retinol is combination for purpura...blue/ brown reddish coloring, dark under eyes....and spider veins. Supposedly a 5% cream of Vit K is helpful. A Vit K activated enzyme seems to speed up the process of clearance of the breakdown products of RBC's. Only some research has been really done on it, however Vit K creams and gels are more common place as a Rx after laser surgery and what not to speed up the rate of healing and the clearance of bruising.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've also done some research on this subject (spider veins/dark circles). Vitamin K1 is definitely helpful, as said before. Other possibly helpful actives I've found :
Aescin - (Escin) from Horse Chestnut
Chrysin - from the blue passionflower
Witch Hazel - (contracts veins)
Ruscinogens - from Butcher's Broom
Proanthocyanidins - from Grape Seeds/leaves
Rutin - a citrus flavonoide glucoside
Guarana extract - caffeine, and platelet aggregation reduction

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I have/had a couple veins that bugged me on my left leg and I finally saw a dermatologist about it. He did a test spot for free that basically treated the entire area - it was sclerotherapy. I just did this last week, so I don't know if I will need further treatment for them or not.

If the suggestions others have given you don't work, look into a dermatologist. The cost of an office visit might make you cringe, but you can get a complete skin cancer check and ask whatever questions you want! Ask for samples too!

HTH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts