Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been proven many times that visualizations & affirmations work wonders for athletes, business people & those in recovery from illnesses or surgery. Visualizing & meditating etc. are amongst the spiritual techniques that do NOT follow a triangular model ie person A prays to divine source/god/ess B for a solution/cure etc. for person C or problem C.

Spirituality relies more on a person's inner resources & strengths. An athlete rehearsing a gymnastics routine mentally, sees herself flipping & flying effortlessly & standing proudly with that gold medal, relies upon her internal forces to assist her body in lieu of the whims of 'divine intervention' for those who are deemed 'worthy' that may or may not come. I am not knocking mainstream religion or convential prayer for those who believe in it. This is something different.

I was wondering what the effect would be if visualizations & affirmations (internal methods) were combines with external therapeutic methods (creams etc) in skin lightening. What the heck took me sooo long to think of applying these techniques that I've applied so effectively to other areas of my life? Is there anyone out there doing this? As of this evening, I am going to be adding this new dimension to my lightening regimen & noting the effects. Hopefully, some of you will try this out too & report back. If you come up with any good affirmations or visualization routines, please share them here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i can not send u a private message
Ondine because You are only allowed to send Private Messages after you have made 15 posts or more. Advertising is not allowed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would hazard a guess and say it does work! I'm a big proponent of the power of visualization...the power of "believing and feeling." So if one visualizes being lighter (along with their lightening efforts), one is likely to see better results. I've seen the power of this type of thinking in other areas of my life too! It's pretty amazing stuff.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jose! Nice seeing you here. It's been a while since you've posted. Please report any results you gain.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Deep thought!!

As I do apply this principle for life goals, I should for this quest as well. Thanks for the food for thought.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think it would have good effects. We often underestimate the role of the mind in our physical body functions. People can do extraordinary, even superhuman things through the power of their minds. I see no reason why it wouldn't work for skin lightening as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My boss wanted us to watch this video during a lunch break... It is kinda an inspiration DVD.
The Secret

I do agree if you really want it, miracles can happen... Cheers.

·
Registered
524 Posts
yup the secret is "positive attraction"... if u keep telling urself ur so dark or uneven, u will be.

once u embrace the reality that we are each the creator of our own universe, a brightness is activated inside and out!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I love this!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Realistically, I don't believe the spiritual mind can make us lighter but can motivate us to keep up with skin regime and the quest for beautiful skin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts