Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Splenda, also known as sucralose, is an artificial sweetener, which is a chlorinated sucrose derivative. Facts about this artificial chemical are as follows:

Pre-Approval Research

Pre-approval research showed that sucralose caused shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage) and enlarged liver and kidneys.
Recent Research

A possible problem with caecal enlargement and renal mineralization has been seen in post approval animal research.

Sucralose Breaks Down

Despite the manufacturer's mis-statements, sucralose does break down into small amounts of 1,6-dichlorofructose, a chemical which has not been adequtely tested in humans. More importantly, sucralose must break down in the digestive system. If it didn't break down and react at all (as the manufacturer claims), it would not chemically-react on the tongue to provide a sweet taste. The truth is that sucralose does break down to some extent in the digestive system.

Independent, Long-Term Human Research

None. Manufacturer's "100's of studies" (some of which show hazards) were clearly inadequate and do not demonstrate safety in long-term use.

Chlorinated Pesticides

The manufacturer claims that the chlorine added to sucralose is similar to the chlorine atom in the salt (NaCl) molecule. That is not the case. Sucralose may be more like ingesting tiny amounts of chlorinated pesticides, but we will never know without long-term, independent human research.

Conclusion

While it is unlikely that sucralose is as toxic as the poisoning people are experiencing from Monsanato's aspartame, it is clear from the hazards seen in pre-approval research and from its chemical structure that years or decades of use may contribute to serious chronic immunological or neurological disorders.

It is very important that people who have any interest in their health

stay aware from the highly toxic sweetener aspartame and other questionable sweeteners such as sucralose (Splenda)"

Sucralose (Splenda) Toxicity Information Center

Mark D. Gold [email protected]

Aspartame Toxicity Information Center

35 Inman St., Cambridge, MA 02139 617-497-7843

·
Registered
419 Posts
Would never use an artificial sweetener.....I use Agave Nectar in place of sugar. I don't use sugar in my coffee or tea so I basically only use sugar in baking. I would rather use real unbleached sugar than use anything artificial.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OMG I have been using this with Fibre added for months now instead of sugar. I started using coffee (never liked it) because it had alleged health benefits. To tolerate the taste I have used splenda with fiber, I am shocked.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I can't use it I get all swollen and I get the hives: can't touch anything with Aspartame I get real sick!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, these things really are poisons...stay away from Diet Colas, sodas especially...it doesn't take too long to get used to drinking coffee black or just with cream. Aspartame I have heard turns into formaldehyde in your system...look for it on food labels...it's in alot of processed foods.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In trying so many things in my time to see what is what to help the ages, and to keep the pounds from creeping up........

I decide that all foods that are natural are fine. Use SUGAR! Just don't over use.

With all the diet pills out there mostly made of caffeine...SUGAR will give you the pick me up and you won't feel hungry for just as long. Just add it to you calorie intake, and you will be fine, unless you are diabetic that is. At least that is what i think.

Chandy

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thnx for posting GuessWho, This has changed my mind about the Diet Crack since I have had renal stones already. Hopefully I can prevent another attack by getting off this stuff.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Diet Pepsi is my crack.
mine are usually Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper...I'm getting better but I still drink them at least 2-3 a week.

better than my old amount.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i tried,splender,one time i never used it again,excuse my french,that stuff,gave me the run's so badly,the toliet got tired of me coming to it..that stuff is bad......

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I read splenda was not so safe, same for aspartame (NutraSweet and Equal)and saccharin (Sweet-n-Low). and I still have a full box of splenda....seems like it is better just to buy some organic sugar. I tried to stick with the Stevia off and on for a few years, but it has an odd aftertaste that I can't adjust too. I heard there are other natural and safe sweeteners but I don't know what they are.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stevia is the only natural and "safe" alternative to sugar, guys.

all others alts are synthetic, so far.

yes aspartame may be even worse than Splenda! but remember, Splenda is CHLORINATED.

that should be a big flag itself.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have used BAGS of that stuff over the last 5 years or longer! So am I gonna die now? After having my daughter and an extra 20 pounds to shed a low carb diet wihout sugars was the only way I could lose the weight. Well I like Stevia so I will stop with the splenda.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts