Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who could help a young lass (me) with my spots problem!

I am 24, female and simply keep getting spots - even more so when I am on my period which really kills confidence to say the least!

I have gone through a series of testing out different products for spots but everytime i find something which I think will work that has been recommended end up giving me more irritating spots!

I am using the neutorgina "spot stress free" face wash range (designed for spots) which im really disappointed with. I had really sore deep (under the skin) spots on my chin which absolutly kills and all the neutrogina seems to have done is covered it up, not cleared anything and dried the top layer of skin.

I've heard about the product OXY which is designed for men & apparently its really good, especially for acne. Does anyone know if this product is good for women?

Any suggestions and help would be great!

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
do you think you could possibly be getting acne, you could try using a mild gylonic wash?
also clay masks if you have oily skin are good, yoghurt honey and lemon masks can all help!

however before doing anything pls go and see your doctor and see what he or she says first!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ya, thanks for your reply...

I'm not sure if it's acne spots but i've had a few people telling me that it could well be - maybe a doctors advise would be the right route to go to...

What is gylonic wash and where can I get it from? I'll try anything at the moment, it can get rather depressing!!! sigh

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I think she means glycolic. It's a mild acid that removes the top dead layer of the skin to improve the quality of the skin, you can find it at pharmacies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Freddy!

Have you ever used it before?? Is it an every day wash thing or every few days?

i need to invest in a new face wash! sigh!

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi Arnies. My kids used Oxy once or twice, but never again. Too severe. Try the garlic treatment, I heard is very good for acne, and spots. just cut one segment of a whole garlic, in half and apply it to the spots. Tell me if it works on you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts