Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I can only imagine it is hard! You may want to email Nanci at ncnproskincare.com She is quite nice. I am sure she would give you tips but do keep in mind you are the competition. I have thought of doing an actual "outlet" in a store where all these amazing products online would be in one place but it is a huge undertaking. Online you need to do web design and have a professional website which can be costly, you need to be able to handle the back end completely and then you need to source and ship the products. Lots to think about! Not to mention merchant accounts etc!

·
Registered
550 Posts
What kind of advice? Setting up a retail site or where and how to buy the products to sell? Do you already know which products you will be selling?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I would just loved to gather a few different brands and sell at an online store. I am unsure how to go about obtaining the products. For instance, if I wanted to sell Murad, Perricone (those may not be the brands, but along those lines).

Thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Chunch--you may want to contact them direct and talk to them or else you can go to an online wholesaler. There are many and they sell things in bulk but it is hard to source. One idea for you to start is to try an ebay store. You will get a feel for what sells best and how much you would need every week/month to stock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Yes, I am finding it very hard to find a wholesaler who has brand name products. I tried Skinceuticals and they won't sell to you unless you have a brick and mortar store. I see all these stores on ebay that sell brand name product and of course no one is going to help me or give me an idea where they get their products from

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
As a business management professional, I can tell you right now that idea won't fly. Why? Because just like how you find yours suppliers online and have them sell you stuff for cheap, so will your potential clientel. On top of that you will run into that issue that you described where online stores won't sell to you unless you have an actual location because you would be their competition, or more accurately, an annoying fly on the wall because you won't be able to compete with their prices anyways.

The market is saturated already and the competition is strong.

My two cents.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I know an excellent web designer who does professional websites at a very reasonable cost. He did the site for my husband's business (now under re-construction). If you want his contact info, please pm me.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have to agree with Freddy in this economy. It would take a more robust economy and a direct line to some popular brands to make it fly. IT IS possible though. I was just looking for a site I had found a while back but cannot find it--you should google "wholesale bidding" what happens is that some of these are stores, suppliers going out of business and you bid on a the BULK shipment sometimes pennies on the dollar and in turn you get the whole lot then mark it up appropriately. One way to make money like this and to attract a client base is to wait until you can get a pretty popular product all the while stocking up on other products and when one comes in REAL cheap then use that as a lead off by advertising it at an ULTRA low price where you paid pennies on the dollar and then are just making pennies on the dollar and thus attract people who look at your whole product line. The problem though is that this is not sustainable but gets you a reputation and then go to companies directly and tell them your volume and try and negotiate prices that will let you buy and resell at prices lower than most other sites selling the same. It takes a long time to build!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok I for sure think that there are some lines that are great for your skin that arnt brand name, I have allot of things to suggest that you can carry just message me. Or google some skincare that will work for you, ask for samples, test everything before you sell, and maybe carry one popular brand. I hope all will go well, and if you do open this store let mne know!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree with Freddy. Also what will set you apart with the giant retailers? How you will you get the business and not them? You really need to sit down with someone in person who knows internet business and get all the advice you can before making any investment at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts