Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to start dieting and preparing for my next bodybuilding competition which is in September in Hamilton for the provincial championships.

I'm starting to cut at the weight of 242 lbs.

I hope to cut down about 40 lbs. in the next four months and compete with my best physique yet.

I plan on doing a gradual diet to allow myself a margin of error to make up for cheat meals and what not.

I'm also going to be changing the way that I prepare for the last week before the competition to a method used by my brother to win the nationals. We used the method on a client in May and he was shredded so it's a proven method.

Also, I won't be doing much cardio! Hehehe. In fact, I'll probably do less than 20 cardio sessions in the time until the competition.

·
Registered
394 Posts
So I decided to start dieting and preparing for my next bodybuilding competition which is in September in Hamilton for the provincial championships.

I'm starting to cut at the weight of 242 lbs.

I hope to cut down about 40 lbs. in the next four months and compete with my best physique yet.

I plan on doing a gradual diet to allow myself a margin of error to make up for cheat meals and what not.

I'm also going to be changing the way that I prepare for the last week before the competition to a method used by my brother to win the nationals. We used the method on a client in May and he was shredded so it's a proven method.

Also, I won't be doing much cardio! Hehehe. In fact, I'll probably do less than 20 cardio sessions in the time until the competition.
All the best Freddy, I'm sure you'll get the cup, skincare is rooting for you. Only promise you'll post pics of ur new physique..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Good for you Freddy! It is good to see you getting back to what you love to do and excel at. All the best to you!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yay! Freddy! Good to have you back here!

That's some real testosterone music there! I usually like Pink or Madonna, but I have a feeling that's just not your style!! LOL

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm already down to 237 lbs. thus losing 5 lbs. in the first week of dieting. Only did cardio once for 15 minutes on the bike at a very leisurely pace.

For those that care;

I'm supplementing with:

Methyl Ripped Hardcore
Dymatize Super Amino
Wild Fish Oil Capsules
ZMA
TestFx
Gaspari Nutrition - SuperPump250 and
Gaspari Nutrition - SizeOn

along with my cleaned up diet and training program.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It changes everyday, but I'll give you yesterday for example.

Methyl ripped hardcore with water
egg whites and 2 slices of brown bread
500ml of water and 3 fish oil capsules
1 capsule of multivitamins

caesar chicken wrap

1/2 cup of mixed nuts
500ml of water and 3 fish oil capsules

3 beef steaks
1 serving of BCAA's
500mL of water and fish oil capsules

thin slices of seasame snaps
methy ripped
water

gatorade g2
superpump
testfx
water

workedout

postworkout- egg whites (drank raw) pasturized of course
size on
water

later on
egg whites
BCAa's
water and fish oil

cottage cheese
water and fish oil

before bed

ZMA
testbooster
water

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fiber is good and back.

The brown bread provides enough fiber to serve it's functions.

Too much fiber affects the amount of protein the body is able to synthesize. Which is obviously a bad thing, particularity when you're dieting since it's important to retain and protect muscle tissues; specially for a bodybuilder.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks Freddy I didn't know that about fiber.

Could you go back up to the post right above yours and critique the supplement that I am taking? thanks for your time.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
link didn't work
---------------
requested page not found
requested page not found

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Humm...it seems to be an "all-season tire" supplement.

In other words, it's a well rounded product, but it isn't really specialized in a way to provide the necessary nutrients to a competitive athelete. A jack of all trades, but master of none. For example, each serving is 30 grams and includes all of their "benefits" but in comparison a single common protein scoop 35 grams of pure protein, not including all of the other stuff.

So you need more than 1 serving to meet common dietary needs and than this skews the nutrient profile. Your product has too much fiber, too little EFA's (fish oil) and protein, and too much vitamins (since if you take more than 1 serving you'll be over your RDA) yet still be way behind on your protein intake and over the fiber requirement.

Like I said, it's a good "all season" tire but there are better purpose built "summer tires" out there to fit your needs more accurately.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Thanks Freddu
Is there one you recommend to non-body builders?! who are just looking for a good healthy meal-replacement supplement? I hate swallowing handfuls of pills so I drink this to try to get as much nutrition in a glass as I can.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vege-greens, phytoberries, any pharmacy brand fish oil, and a good protein powder. all in powder except for the fish oils since they're nasty in other forms.

Progressive Vege Greens
Phytoberries is also made by progressive.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the best options for vegetarians but I'd wager to say that soy and buckwheat protein may be the best bet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's some motivational music I've been listening to, to power me though my workouts!

youtube.com/watch?v=i1HuKoKME1I]YouTube - 300: Just Like You Imagined
God, I loved that movie! I have the soundtrack on my MP3 player, is very cool. Maybe I should start listening to it again and moving my ***.

Good luck with your bodybuilding!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts