Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything good out there for static control?

We've got this new carpet and for some reason its making my hair go really static and fly away. It feels really horrible and my hairs floating in mid air all the time which looks a bit weird. I've tried hairspray but it doesnt seem to be working!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
First of all, get a humidifier to help control the static. Static only happens in dry environments, and if it's dry enough to cause static, it probably isn't good for your skin either.

For your hair, try a leave in conditioner to help create a moisture barrier to prevent the static. Or, simple mix half your regular hair conditioner with half water and spray it on your hair and comb it through. That should definitely help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
leave in conditioner does help...also you can take regular hair conditioner...not too much and put it through your hair. my hair was crazy station until someone gave me that tip & it works! good luck!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I also had the same problem for years during my teens, mainly from using the hairstraightners too much, i ended up using a bit of wax in my hair to control static, not a lot though just enough to flatten the hair, i also used to have to leave my hair in a tied up all the time too!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Very true fawnie i now use a paddle brush, my hair is not static now. Do not know why though I ever got the static prob in first place though!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
What do you mean we dont get dry air in the Uk? Im not very good anyway in the heat so dont tend to be outside even on hot days for long in the summe!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Im in the uk are summers are a bit up and down anyway, last year our summer was crap but however no, no I dont get any static anymore any time of the year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts