Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago, my friend sent me a link to an article about the anti-aging effects of the (natural) sugar substitute, stevia...Well, me being lazy I skimmed the article and put the idea on the back burner. Whilst cleaning out my email today, I was reminded of it. I had some liquid Stevia and decided to give it a whirl...Well, I'm not one with a lot of wrinkles (virtually none), BUT this stuff does tighten your skin...for how long I don't know...
Anyway, I emailed my friend and she said I should keep using it daily, to leave it on my face (like a mask) for 30 minutes or more and I will have BEEEYOOOTAYFUL skin...Pffft...We'll see (and yeah, I'm gonna do it). What I can say for now is that it does work as a temporary (?) tightener...If nothing else, I will use it for that....
This is good for me because I do not like the taste of Stevia (I prefer Agave nectar), so at least some of that stuff isn't going to waste.
Anyway, just thought I'd pass it along for those who want to give it a try...

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Stevia, as in like the packets? You mixed with with water, or?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I have the powdered stevia. I would love to use it up b/c I'm not eating that stuff anymore. And it was 'spensive!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you can use powdered Stevia and mix it with water to form a paste suitable for spreading over your face. What I had was a liquid Stevia, so I used that. I'm gonna talk more to my friend about it when I get a chance concerning what's the best kind to use and why I should be doing this. She mentioned something about a book that she ordered, so I'll grill her extensively when I get a chance, trust me.
Anyway, I'm going to do the 30 day thing (within reason...I may get lazy and skip a day or whatever) and see if the results are more than temporary. So far, my skin is still feeling tight (good tight not bad tight). I can vouch for the temporary effects. They are not DRAMATIC, but they are definitely there. Nice little slight glow too...Hmmm...We'll see...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good tigerlilly!
Tight as in "moist and tight" or "dry and tight"???

At first, I couldn't tell...but then I look into a magnified mirror...That's how I can see dry tight good and clear. I did not see that with this application. Then, I had to go ahead and apply my night time retinol, so either that or time made it feel less tight, but it didn't LOOK less tight...I mean, I looked in the mirror and said to myself "You a good lookin' biotch"
....No seriously, I will have to see how it reacts over the next few days to assess the quality of the 'tightness', but I still feel it a little bit around my eyes...and it's not a 'dry tightness'...then again I have combination skin and it tends toward oily in the summer, so that may be one reason why....
I'll keep you ladies updated. I'm definitely going to keep doing it...I have no other use for the Stevia (I don't like the after taste as a sweetener)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too have of the liquid Stevia and I don't use it simply because I keep forgetting I have it. Maybe it could be good to mix it with Serum Vit. C ? Tigerlilly I'm looking forward to see if you will like what it does to your skin!
Thanks. Me too. I'm not betting the farm on it, but I'm hoping!
I will also ask my friend for the link again (I accidentally deleted it...
. I'm such a dumb monkey sometimes...) and for the book she ordered. It's all about skin care and mentions Stevia and all the deets there...
It sounds really interesting and I might order that book myself...I'll have to check it out on amazon first, though, cuz I can't be wastin' no pennies...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Goat Lady! Perhaps those are the same links I was talking about? Yay! I'm going to read them and SAVE them this time....Thanks again!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yep I got busy reading it myself!! Very interesting.

So many things to try, so little time-

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Sounds good tigerlilly!
Tight as in "moist and tight" or "dry and tight"???

At first, I couldn't tell...but then I look into a magnified mirror...That's how I can see dry tight good and clear. I did not see that with this application. Then, I had to go ahead and apply my night time retinol, so either that or time made it feel less tight, but it didn't LOOK less tight...I mean, I looked in the mirror and said to myself "You a good lookin' biotch"
....No seriously, I will have to see how it reacts over the next few days to assess the quality of the 'tightness', but I still feel it a little bit around my eyes...and it's not a 'dry tightness'...then again I have combination skin and it tends toward oily in the summer, so that may be one reason why....
I'll keep you ladies updated. I'm definitely going to keep doing it...I have no other use for the Stevia (I don't like the after taste as a sweetener)
"you a good looking biotch" - LMAO! Made me spit my water! I love it!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I read about it in the book "Feed Your Skin, Starve Your Wrinkles". I did try it as a face mask a few months ago. Very gooey feeling....sort of like molasses. But it does tighten the skin. I can't say it's a great wrinkle reducer though. I felt it dried out my skin a little too much....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I may give it a try in lieu of my Pearl powder mask

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I read about it in the book "Feed Your Skin, Starve Your Wrinkles". I did try it as a face mask a few months ago. Very gooey feeling....sort of like molasses. But it does tighten the skin. I can't say it's a great wrinkle reducer though. I felt it dried out my skin a little too much....
Is the book worth reading Toni?

So because it gives the tightening effect people think it is a wrinkle reducer? Until they wake up and realize those pesky wrinkles are actually still there-

I wish using Stevia as a wrinkle reducer was all it took!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Here's a 29 page pdf on the wonders of stevia.. The skin related stuff is near the end, including 'mask' directions

http://www.nutraceutical.com/educate/pdf/stevia.pdf

I just ordered the white powder as well as the extract from vitacost.. Can't wait to give it a go..

Pure White Powder;

Kal Pure Stevia Extract Powder -- 3.5 oz - Vitacost

Pure Whole Leaf Concentrate

Wisdom Natural Sweet Leaf Whole Leaf Stevia Concentrate -- 2 fl oz - Vitacost

There's a huge selection.. I went for the two without any additives so I could use them as a mask, as well as in my coffee, tea, smoothies, and whatever..

1 - 20 of 518 Posts