Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just did my second TCA peel ( 15% from OSS ) I frosted MUCH better this time. You know, I did not give it much thought, but I did a Stevia mask early this morning before I got in the shower. I did the peel several hours later. You know even my forehead frosted this time with only one layer. I have to wonder if the Stevia mask prepared my skin better. I still did it in sections but I did do most of my face. Things are feeling nice and tight right now and I think I can already see some dark spots creeping up. I can't remember if you see those right away or if it takes a day, but they are there. I will keep you posted on the progress. DH is going out of town in the morning so I figured this would be a good time. I will take a quick trip to the store in the morning to get milk, etc etc, so that I hopefully won't need to go anywhere the rest of the week.
DH even took care of mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool for me. ( I normally do all that stuff ) This way I won't have to do any yard work. What a guy!
I sort of like it now when he goes out of town for 2 weeks! Geeze, am I bad for saying that?
I get to do projects around the house without any interruptions

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hi lasvegasdeb lets start with the last first...no, it's wonderful when husbands go away!!!!!
I am so happy to hear your DH is helping you so much!
Keep us posted on the stevia and the peel, I love the stevia and maybe you have found away to bump up the peel!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have either found way to speed it up or a new way to burn my face off completely (lol) Guess I won't have to worry about wrinkles anymore should in be the latter of the two huh. I will let you know.

So glad that someone else understands the "alone" time thing whilst hubby is gone!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well, I have either found way to speed it up or a new way to burn my face off completely (lol) Guess I won't have to worry about wrinkles anymore should in be the latter of the two huh. I will let you know.

So glad that someone else understands the "alone" time thing whilst hubby is gone!
I am waiting a couple of months between my peels!!! I have very fair skin (that light redhead thing!)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well I ordered the peel last week- well see how it goes. As for DH- hugh what can I say ...He let me use his credit card after he called me a few choise words... Lucky you lasvegasdeb, at least yours does things to help you.... Not mine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mony (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) Yes, I am lucky in that respect. Of course, one good trait, well, they usually have another lurking that is not so great. For me, now that I am approaching 50 it is all a matter of what I am willing to accept. Unfortunately, I accept a lot more now than I did say 20 or even 10 years ago.

I wanted to let you know though that this is day 2 ( more like 1 1/2 days) of my Stevia and then TCA peel and I am brown, crusty, very tight and wrinkly and gross looking as of this morning!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Then it is going well! If you are good and crusty you can RA it and it should peel much faster maybe in 2-3 days.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks goat, I will do that.

Wow, wouldn't it be great if this turns out to be a way to shave a few days of "downtime" off? I'm still a bit skeptical though, so we won't know anything till I'm all done and I can see what the new skin underneath looks like.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well to me. it sounds like you are gonna get great results! good for you....I'm eager to get my peel and get it going!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well- I finaly got my TCA peel, I think I'm gonna try a spot on my arm first to see what it's like- cause I'm sore really sore- had a cyst lanced today and it will probably need to be done in a week again according to the doc. But I really can't wait to try it!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oh mony, if the cyst is where you want to peel don't do it until you are completely healed!!! After your spot test and if all goes well, do your hands arms, feet, anywhere but the area of the cyst!
and

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good advice for mony kitskid. Now I am peeling and there is one spot I am anxiously looking at as I can see the new skin in between the flakies. I had a very small (lengthwise ) but pretty substantial wrinkle right under my nose. From what I can see so far it's GONE! ...................Doing the happy dance..............

and OMG how in the world do you girls eat or drink anything without "cracking" LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dear Deb -- Wow! It sounds like you're getting great results...I am still too chicken to try a peel...but I just had this great thought...I live in Vegas too...why don't we have a SCT get-together here in Vegas...we could try out some of the spas and compare notes in person...what do you think?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
No kitskid, the cyst is in a "worst spot" need I say more? like I can barely walk because of it....(Now, can you get the picture?) I will try my peel tonight but do two coats as it did absolutely nothing with one coat...no frosting no peeling... nothing- I wonder is it safe to redo my arm, if it did nothing or do I have to wait the 3 weeks as per the instructions?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well I did the 2 coats of 12.5% and nothing- no frosting. By frosting I take you mean the skin going white right- well El-Zippo, nada, nothing! My face is red and a bit dry feeling though. I hope it will still peel off like it should. but this is the day after and my skin doesn't feel that much different to touch, it's shiny as heck though, and it tightens if I smile but that's about it. The tests spots I did the day before did nothing.... Hello ladies off experience...what should I expect from this? BTW- my skin is the same colour and looks wrinkly- even where there never was a wrinkle...what's up with that?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
You will get wrinkly and crinkly from the TCA. It does shine. If you didn't frost you will probably just flake and peel a little. Yes frosting is the skin going white. That means you will peel much better. Sounds like you may need to go up to 18% and give it a go. I had to.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Thanks goatlady that is what I thought! or was hoping- I wonder if it'll still make a noteable difference even though I didn't frost.....Also I have to go out today do I put sunblock on my face or what? ...what do you suggest?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi Money, there is no sun here today! I wouldn't put anything on my face, especially this time of the year, best time to do peels, cool & no sun! let your skin breathe! My first TCA 15% I didn't frost, peeled a little, but did not see any improvements. Yesterday I did 3 layer of TCA 30% on my forehead got the frost white for about 1/2 it will probably takes few days before I will peel. Did 4 layer on my arm on a nasty wrinkle, did not frost. Let us know how it will turn out!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts