Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing Stevia Research and thought Stevia and Aspartame was the same herb. I deleted the warnings page.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Stevia is Aspartame??? I thought they were two different things.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh thank heavens, here I was trying to pull up stuff thinking they (whatever company) snuck Stevia in right under our noses when it was in fact Aspartame............Phew. Cookies for you though for trying to keep us all safe! Thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm confused I think! Is stevia the same as aspartame? I thought stevia was a plant-based substance and aspartame was an artificial lab-produced sweetener...

Sorry, I see you deleted the warning!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are not the same but are manufactured in the same company.

TKS BIOTECH is a leading manufacturer of Isomalt , Xylitol , Xylo-oligosaccharide , Maltitol , Sorbitol , Stevia , As...

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
THAT might be scary...with all the food factory screw-ups that go on!

I once found an artificial nail in a bag of chips I was eating! Not the same, but sort of scary nevertheless.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Thank goodness they are not the same I'm allergic to aspartame, I swell up and get the hives, now can you picture me slapping that gunk allover then coming out of the washroom 1/2 hour later red as a beet, swollen and full of hives.....not a pretty picture!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
stevia and aspartame are not the same things. i work in a pharmacy lab and we use stevial to sweeten medications for all ages. stevia is the safest and best sweetener to use in pharmaceutical preparations. i have been a compounder for 15 yrs. we deal with the most technologically best company in the compounding business. they have together over 100 yrs experience and are still learning. they do their own testing and there has been no bad side affects from stevia. even preemies can use the stevia and that comes from john hopkins hospital. don't panic until total proof is out. i am telling you stevia is safe. aspartamine has many side effects. it even says so on the labels that contain it. there is always a warning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts