Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--Ok, so I recently exfoliated & moisturized, even though my tan isn't gone completely can I just go and add my self tanner?

--I read how you should add it to your ears, is this true? lol It sounds odd.

--When I used my tanner for awhile I was told by a friend I looked Johndiss(however thats spelled), and well should I try for a bronzer instead of self tanner to look more tan instead of sorda yellow/orange?

--Is it ok to add it to your toes, if so how should I, exactly?

--I can't reach my upper back, what do I do, I can get the lower part.

--Above my upper lip and outer corners always appear white no matter what, do they not tan?

--Is it ok to moisturize before adding the tanner or should I add it then wait awhile?

--When exactly should I add a moisturize, does the type of moisturizer matter?

--What is the BEST way to maintain a self-tanner, tan?

****I Have prom and Graduation soon, so I'm trying to get all the information I need in time!

Hehe, thanks alot in advance to all!

·
Registered
48 Posts
If your tanner is making you yellow, switch brands to one that is more brown. I use a kit by St. Tropez in whipped bronze, and it comes out bronze, not orange or yellow.

After you get an acceptable base color, switch to a moisturizer with just a light self tanning ingredient I like Coppertone sunless tanning gradual tan, it just maintains the color without too much streaking or worry about being careful applying, just wash hands after...

I shower and exfoliate with the exfoliator provided in the kit, then put on gloves and rub the self tanner into my skin over my entire body, then while still wearing the gloves I rub the lotion from the kit over all the areas I applied the tanner, in this manner there is no streaking, the application of lotion over tanner evens out the color. You don't need a kit for that, any combo of exfoliator, tanner and lotion will work.

I do not put self tanner anywhere the sun wouldn't naturally strike, so tops of feet, but not really on toes, you could blend with the lighter tanning lotion so that the toes aren't colorless, but not as dark as the rest... if your hair covers your ears then I wouldn't tan them, and if applying this stuff to your face it is the same procedure, being careful to make sure you have covered the areas that seem to be staying white.

I hope I helped, and good luck with everything!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently bought....Loreal Sublime Bronze tinted, it looks like a gel but I think it's lotion. Anyways I've been using that, and Idk I thought the bronze would make me more brown but im not too sure if I like this. I also have white spots on my feet, it doesn't appear that the lotion is covering them. :S
I'm thinking of trying a spray tan...again..Any suggestions for a good one, around $8-10? (thats all i can afford, i'm poor! lol)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have short hair too, my ears kinda show. Should I use tanner there, I don't want to look strange, like I have a mask. lol

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have short hair too, my ears kinda show. Should I use tanner there, I don't want to look strange, like I have a mask. lol
It seems that the sunless tanner should go anywhere that would normally tan from exposure to the sun. But it is always best to check the directions on whatever product you decide to use. See the link below for some general guidelines - it says the the product should be applied to the ears. It is just amazing what you can find by doing a search on "Google" -

How to apply FLAWLESS sunless tanning lotion. | eHow.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts