Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Thank you fawnie for that!! I do have the stipple brush, but have never used it for my foundation, I do use it for any bronzer that I apply. I will have to try it with my foundation now after seeing that video.

Have any more you can send my way?! Love youtube

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enkore is so much fun to watch. Isn't he pretty! Check out the other tuts he does for us on YouTube! And....surprise!...he now has his own product line! (Who doesn't? Even I have
)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have a stipple brush too but never used it. I bought it when I bought foundation (MUFE) which I don't use much. Do you also use a stipple brush with your tinted moisturizer? - I haven't bothered to but maybe I should.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I have a stipple brush too but never used it. I bought it when I bought foundation (MUFE) which I don't use much. Do you also use a stipple brush with your tinted moisturizer? - I haven't bothered to but maybe I should.
I have only used my stipple brush on powder products. Nothing liquid. I will try it and see how it works out. I have a GREAT Bobby Brown brush, that looks similar to what Enkore was using, I think I will try both and see what I like better.

I will keep you posted-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have only used my stipple brush on powder products. Nothing liquid.
Me too - I only used it with a light powder (Mineral Veil). I know that the objective of using the stipple brush is to get a more even application of foundation, at least that is what they told me when I bought it. But I think that I would end up using more foundation than I normally would. I usually just apply it "as needed" and skip parts of my face that don't need it, or just apply very little. I'm really not after a solid mask look - but that's just me.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yep me too- skip the mask for me!! I apply just a light amount-don't even apply powder most of the time.

Take a look over at DIY-I posted a ?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me clarify, if I can. The idea of the stipple brush for applying liquid foundation is to achieve a "pixelated" look. So that the natural skin can show thru tiny dots of fdtn and look more natural/airbrushed. If you swirl afterward, you cancel out the pixels and blend it all into a more full coverage look. But really take a look at Enkore's YouTube vid - he is so fun to watch and explains it much better than I (and he's prettier too!).

If you have a Target in your area, run do not walk, to the cosmetics aisles and get a couple StudioTools Dual-Finish (skunk) brushes for $1.99USD each. This brush is every bit as dense as a MAC 187 but a damn sight cheaper! The bristles are a little stiffer than the 187 and the head is about half the size, which is a good thing since it's easier to get into the tight areas. Like the 187 it too is made of natural and synthetic fibers.

Love it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I have a 187, and I have heard other talk about the ones at Target. I do have a Target near by, but never have much luck finding these brushes. Another time I tried finding a certain brush Sonia Kashuk brush, and had no luck as well!!

StudioFix is the brand? I will take a look, I am dying to get out of the house!!
Didn't make it out to Whole Foods today-
It is rather hot here today, and the husband had a golf tourney, so my time was cut short this AM!

He is home now, I bet I can convince him to take me to Target-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
StudioTools is the brand, and it's better than Sonia Kashuk and cheaper. You can afford to get several and give them out!! I'm really impressed with this little baby!
I found it at the end of the aisle where SK stuff is.

Too bad Target doesn't carry PANDA!! They do sell Pureology shampoo though!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I know I LOVE Target. They carry lots of goodies. I will have a look. Thank you-

Too darn bad they don't have panda!!! That will require a drive.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I know I LOVE Target. They carry lots of goodies. I will have a look. Thank you-

Too darn bad they don't have panda!!! That will require a drive.
Do you have Trader Joe's? When I was home at Christmastime, some friends loaded me up with Panda licorice that they found there. I ate too much before beginning the long ride back to TO (10 hrs) - which is why I know it works well to move things along.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Let me clarify, if I can. The idea of the stipple brush for applying liquid foundation is to achieve a "pixelated" look. So that the natural skin can show thru tiny dots of fdtn and look more natural/airbrushed.
I don't understand the appeal of blotchy foundation - irregular dots of makeup on the skin. Won't people think that you forgot to blend it in? I guess I don't understand the concept of "airbrushed." I better stick with the TM for now, I suppose.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Do you have Trader Joe's? When I was home at Christmastime, some friends loaded me up with Panda licorice that they found there. I ate too much before beginning the long ride back to TO (10 hrs) - which is why I know it works well to move things along.
Yes, I do have a Trader Joes, which is closer than Whole Foods-
I have to go back to the Dr tomorrow, so I will do all my shopping while I am out.

Tonight Dancing with the Stars is on (great dancers this season), so I HAD to stay home to watch that-
I can go to Target tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes, I do have a Trader Joes, which is closer than Whole Foods-
I have to go back to the Dr tomorrow, so I will do all my shopping while I am out.
I hope that you can find the Panda - the stock at Joe's may vary from coast to coast. In fact, I have not seen it here at my own local Whole Foods, which is why I am so happy to find it at the bulk store. I don't know why it is not more popular up here. Salt free, lo-cal, all natural - what's not to love about it. The only downside is it can stain the teeth - so brush right afterwards.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't understand the appeal of blotchy foundation - irregular dots of makeup on the skin. Won't people think that you forgot to blend it in? I guess I don't understand the concept of "airbrushed." I better stick with the TM for now, I suppose.
Haha! No no mireckca! You aren't watching Koren's video!

The dots are very small and very closely spaced together! LOL it doesn't look splotchy at all. It's a trompe l'oeil thing. It fools your eye into thinking "she has perfect skin and isn't wearing anything at all!" It takes a bit of practice, but it's a neat technique!

If you use TM you don't need to do this, since the TM is sheer enough anyway. Unless you want to! You can use a lot less of whatever you're using this way....economical!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I hope that you can find the Panda - the stock at Joe's may vary from coast to coast. In fact, I have not seen it here at my own local Whole Foods, which is why I am so happy to find it at the bulk store. I don't know why it is not more popular up here. Salt free, lo-cal, all natural - what's not to love about it. The only downside is it can stain the teeth - so brush right afterwards.
Have you ever tried Double Zout? The Dutch Market's Salty Licorice and Candy My husband is Dutch this is all his family eats. They order all their Dutch products from a guy who comes by the house every other week. I only get a few items from him, compared to my in laws, whom I think stock their entire ******* from this guy!! This stuff is really salty. And I mean REALLY. Sorry if this offends some of you, but most Dutch people are not health conscience, well my husbands family isn't anyways. It is all about cookies, coffee, cheese and bread for them-

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Oh mireckca hates that DZ! But I LOVE it!! Anything salty! It's so hard to find here in the hinterlands too.
LOL I hate it too!!! Way too salty for my likings. Yes it is really hard to find. I get mine from the dutch guy-who comes by-

Fawnie you aren't Dutch are you? I think or thought you were German-don't ask me why, just a thought.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts