Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just began reading. by Dr. Jeannette Graf and Alisa Bowman.

Claims to ERASE 5 Years overnight. Now exactly what is meant by this? I won't remember anything from 2004 on? This is doable. Would be nice if I could choose the exact date for erasing to begin. I hope it is January 1, 2004. Like a total do over. If I do it again the next day will I be erasing another five years? Going back to 1999?

OMG. A DIY TIME MACHINE.

Here I go . . .

back. back in time.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What is this system you are talking about? Is it a cream regimen, a diet or supplement regimen or is it exercises? 5 yrs overnight seems like a really extravagant claim.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
5 yrs overnight?? I WISH. But I agree with Ondine... outlandish claim.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Revolutionary 2-Week pH Diet!! (that Erases Wrinkles, Beautifies Skin, and Makes You Feel Fantastic.) Oh, ok. Nothing with bad memories, inlaw issues, etc. darn.

It's worth a try. On the back cover it reads: Daily alkalinizing "cocktails" Nutrients in foods that enhance cell energy production and cell signaling, choosing the right cleansers, moisturizers, and treatments that will give you the most noticeable results and activities that can add exhilaration and laughter to your life and increase the neuropeptides in the brain that actually rejuvenate skin cells.

On my way to get the "cocktail" ingredients. That's all Im in it for: the booze.
And there is no mention of a flux capacitor. I am loving this already.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 to 2 scoops greens powder
1 to 2 scoops fiber powder
1 Tbl spirulina (optional)
100 pecent fresh fruit juice *to taste and optional
8 to 24 ounces of water *to desired consistancy

Place in shaker bottle, with tight fitting lid. Shake for 10 - 15 seconds. Remove lid and drink.

I do this type of stuff often for nutritional value. So, I am willing to try this. But I am going to miss cookies. For there are NO cookies in this diet.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
1 to 2 scoops greens powder
1 to 2 scoops fiber powder
1 Tbl spirulina (optional)
100 pecent fresh fruit juice *to taste and optional
8 to 24 ounces of water *to desired consistancy

Place in shaker bottle, with tight fitting lid. Shake for 10 - 15 seconds. Remove lid and drink.

I do this type of stuff often for nutritional value. So, I am willing to try this. But I am going to miss cookies. For there are NO cookies in this diet.
You are too funny!! I would miss cookies too-

What type of greens powder?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
This is something I'll try too. I doubt 5 yrs'll disappear or that suddenly I'll find myself laughing like Bozo the clown, but if it helps my overall health then why not? As for giving up cookies, is that somewhere in the fine print? What, exactly, is 'green powder'? I'd hate to buy the wrong one!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I don't know about the Time Machine msavoy but I enjoyed your post! LOL

I have a protein/spirulina/fiber/greens drink every a.m. (VEGA) but it hasn't eradicated the last 5 years for me yet....(maybe some of that Enzian will tho if I drink enough of it! heehee) I take Bragg's ACV in the morning and try to avoid the nasties: white flour, white sugar, white rice, white potatoes, fried food, red meat, like that.

I use Dr Graf's Vita-Peptide Eye Cream and love it ($5.99 @ TJMaxx this week) but have never read her book.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote: Originally Posted by

What type of greens powder?

The greens powder Dr. Graf suggests is greens first, containing antioxidant power equivalent to eating ten servings of fruits and vegetables. Well, I could only find Barlean's and this stuff is a tad spinachy tasting, but I likes me spinach.
The fiber she recommends is Benefiber or Fiber-sure (I bought benefiber w/calcium)
I feel her scoops is equal to a tablespoon, for sure. And be certain to drink lots and lots of water after any fiber supplements. Works much better.
The spirulina is optional (total of 2000 to 30000 mg a day. Its gonna take some time)
Add fresh fruit juice - well I didn't have any fresh. Still learning the juicer so I fudged a bit and added 4 oz of V8 fusion light - mango, yum and 10 oz of filtered water.

It is very very green. (Reminded me of a hair color I once had when trying to go back to a darker blonde. Wow. Was it green.)

Not too bad. I don't mind the dry veggie grassy taste.

Lighten: you would not believe what is in this greens stuff:\t
\t\t

Barlean'S Greens by Barlean's Organic Oils - QX-1008 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

Other Ingredients:
Biogreen 15:1, spirulina, organic flaxmeal, ricex rice bran, chlorella c.g.f., sea vegetables, organic spinach, organic parsley, astragalus, schizandra, acerola cherry, rosemary extract, green tea extract, curcumin extract, stevia, n*zimes digestive enzyme blend.

Trying to find out how many "cocktails" she wants a person to drink daily.

ETA: She says each morning.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is something I'll try too. I doubt 5 yrs'll disappear or that suddenly I'll find myself laughing like Bozo the clown, but if it helps my overall health then why not? As for giving up cookies, is that somewhere in the fine print? What, exactly, is 'green powder'? I'd hate to buy the wrong one!
Greens powder is -- you know I am not sure? Mine reads:

Barlean's Green-Nature's Perfect Food! PURIFY - ALKALINIZE - CLEANSE Greens superfoods are revered for supporting the purification and cleansing of vital organs, body tissues and blood supply.
- Nutrient Dense - Deep, Emerald green color
- Sweet taste and scent of natural greens leaves and cereal grasses
- Absolute best tasting green superfood
Nurture and nourish your body with nature's perfect blend of nutrient-dense, deep, emerald green superfoods. Masterfully formulated with nature's most vitalizing plant-based ingredients - providing broad spectrum, nutritional support for your vibrant health and energy

The book is a two week dietary change. And NOT ONE COOKIE IS EVEN SUGGESTED. This might cause some problems for me.
There are recipes for different ones to make AFTER the two week course is completed. I wonder if I can go for two weeks? Most of it is just good clean foods that stop one from being too acidic. Which she claims causes your skin to look bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts