Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a serious question. My gf has this area above her lip that looks darker than her regular skin. It doesnt feel any different and its not hair, its just darker. Its really noticeable when outside too. What is this and is there a cure?

·
Registered
357 Posts
It sounds like it could be a skin condition called Melasma. Is your girlfriend on any sort of oral birth control? You might want to talk to a dermatologist about a treatment. There are some prescription creams that can help.

·
Registered
582 Posts
woa! mine is only there bcuz of my hair. i'm light but the hair on my skin is REALLY DARK and not fine so it makes it look darker unless i remove it. It's also on my forehead as well unless i bleach it or remove it... weird!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pigmentation is basically the actual discoloration on your face. Melasma is just one of the things that can cause pigmentation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can get rid of melasma with skin peels and skin lightening products, your girlfriend should see a dermatologist for this, don't bother with a beauty salon. I used to have this and this was what got rid of it for me. She will also have to use a sunscreen every single day and never go in the sun again. And if possible find an alternative to the contracetive pill. All the best.

·
Registered
412 Posts
SPF SPF SPF!!! I get this bad in the summer especially when I was using BC pills. It fades out in winter. Its a very normal thing- melasma. Its a pain and hard to get rid of 100%. MB Whitening Mask?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dude my ex had the same thing!
it was because she had laser hair removal done and the darkness was a side affect that appeared a few weeks later.
well thats what she told me
but she did get rid of it though :S
like a few months later
and if anyones curious, that was not the reason we broke up! lmao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts