Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've had this weird condition for about 4-5 years now. I'm male and currently 17 years old.

My skin gets bruised extremely easily. For example, if you were to slap me anywhere on my body above my waist, that spot would get red, really red, and it would stay like that for about 10-15 minutes, then vanish. If you were to slap me harder, it would first get red, then the spot would be a huge bump, mainly white and bordered with a light red color. Something similar would occur if I had an itch and scratched it. It'd get red and bumpy for a bit, then go away.

This normally wouldn't bother me.. except that it also happens on my face and anywhere else on my head. Whenever I get a haircut, the barber would be puzzled like hell because he has no idea what's going on with my skin. He'd think he's hurting me (because of all the redness/bumps that would show up), when he's not.

That's something else I forgot to mention : the redness/bumps do not hurt at all. It feels exactly like my normal skin.

I can't really think of anything that could be causing this. Around the time it started, I moved from Queens, NY to Long Island, NY (urban to rural area), where I guess the air could be different? I have no idea. I moved back to Queens about a year ago and it's still going on so I doubt it's the reason.

So does anyone know what could be causing this, and how I could treat it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I think it's normal. I have really sensitive skin as well, to the point that last time I got a haircut, ironically enough, I got bumps and redness on the back of my neck as well. By the time I got out of the shower after I got home they were gone.

If someone smacks my arms or something, it gets swollen and raised, but then goes away. That's just the way that skin is for some of us.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm in agreement with Freddy -- I have sensitive skin and it would react the same way. I have also known people who have the same reaction after getting a haircut (men & Women). Make sure you're getting adequate doses of vitamins C, D & E -- what my doctor often suggests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts