• 4 teaspoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 2 cups torn salad greens
  • 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
  • 10 strawberries, sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions
  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, honey, vinegar, and lemon juice. Set aside.
  2. Place the salad greens in a pretty bowl, and top with sliced avocado and strawberries. Drizzle dressing over everything, then sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving, or serve immediately.

*Side Note: You can top this with chicken if you like.

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Another great salad from Ms HippieNerd!! :marchmellow: While I am thinking about it, have you ever use this? Its GREAT!! I mix it with plain greek yogurt add whatever spices you like and use it just like this, on top of salads etc. Quick and super easy!! Can be pricy so do shop around!! I've also made it like you would tuna, and added sliced celery and dill relish with it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
@HippieNerd I always happen to look at your recipes at work a few hours before lunch, and they always make me sooooo hungry Lol!!! You actually make me want to eat salads.. which I dislike most of the time. Maybe this is inspiration to pick up some healthy habits?? All credit to you!

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@HippieNerd I always happen to look at your recipes at work a few hours before lunch, and they always make me sooooo hungry Lol!!! You actually make me want to eat salads.. which I dislike most of the time. Maybe this is inspiration to pick up some healthy habits?? All credit to you!
Lol, awww
you should give it a try! If you pick the right salads to eat you'll love them I promise you would. It's never too late to pick up healthy habits.

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
I so agree with you HippieNerd!! NEVER too late to pick up healthy habits. I love salads, the thing that gets you in trouble with salads is the dressing. Anytime I am out eating a salad I ALWAYS ask for my dressing on the side, and will always choose a low cal one if its an option. The salad isn't what loads up with calories it's the dressing!! So do be careful with those you choose. Costco has an amazing salad right now. The dressing is so good and comes with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries too. I add green apple slices to it and its :yum:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts