Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

I am looking for a comprehensive list of experiences per body area with TCA peels from feet to face. For example I know from a derma friend 10-12.5% max should be used on decolletage. Other areas require more, under eyes best done with a Jessner/Tca combo.

I am looking into doing some serious peeling---like head to toe rejuvenation, and wanted to know per body area what everyone has had as an experience.

Thanks!

Lexi

PS and down/ugly time

·
Registered
20 Posts
look into a combo peel that has 20% tca as well as other blends. vi peel is one I would recommend. i have see hyperpigmentation occur after 20%+ straight tca peels on legs and arms. prep your body with an aha wash/lotion and possibly a bleaching agent pre and post peel. it will give you an even peel and phenominal results.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Did the heels of my feet with 30% TCA. Never frosted or turned brown but flaked a little and really got much smoother. I did my legs with a Jessners/TCA combo and they never frosted or turned brown but also flaked and it really helped with that crepey look. No down time or uncomfortableness on either. I'm doing my face next. I was working up to it! LOL!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
18% on face down time is at least 6 days min I would assume just from doing spots. You will turn really brown on freckles, sun damage and start flaking a peeling around day 4. 12% was like a slight sunburn.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I used 25% (it has some lactic acid in it also and I find it very good) on my face and arms. Arms only flaked so I've done them twice. Elbows I did with 30% and they flaked/peeled and are much smoother. I went to a doc appt after 10 days 25% post peel and I was still red in places and still flaky in places. Makeup conceals well. Wear sunscreen! 12.5% on my neck never even flaked but man did it itch like he!! I haven't done anywhere else on my body.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Sandia my arms are stubborn 18% was like 12%. I am thinking of trying the 30 on my arms. That layer of permatan is awful. Did the 30 frost on your elbows?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did the heels of my feet with 30% TCA. Never frosted or turned brown but flaked a little and really got much smoother. I did my legs with a Jessners/TCA combo and they never frosted or turned brown but also flaked and it really helped with that crepey look. No down time or uncomfortableness on either. I'm doing my face next. I was working up to it! LOL!
Jessner/TCA is most commonly used by plastic surgeons, I wonder why actually. Did it remove that outer crepey layer? I have that one my arms especially that I want GONE--and hands.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
thanks for starting this thread lexi....I'm toying with the idea of TCA peel myself for those pesky ULL but don't have ANY time for "the uglies".....I'm working a 36hr shift and three 12's a week now. If that doesn't keel me I'll need a peel when I'm done 4 shur!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
When I do a TCA peel, I am ok to go out in public for the first couple of days if I need too. My face is just very shiny. By about day 3, I start to turn a little brown, like a brown sack. By day 5 REALLY brown, then the peeling begins. By day 8 I will try to get rid of as many flakes that I can, and by day 10, I am on the road again-

Glycolic peels are even less down town for me. By day 5 I am good to go. Glycolic peels just make my face really red and itchy before I am going to peel, but the peeling is mild when it does start.

To me I get a better peel/results using TCA.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Rat, Ya that's what I want: results. I've had glycolic "peels" and that was so *meh*....very unimpressive. I want to peel those ULL off for good now.

I really only have one day off so either I scare the little children and go to work looking like a burn victim or I wait till next year when I have decent hours! Dang.

Hi kitskid!!

This Vi Peel looks like something only done in an office since it has phenol...I don't think I want to do that on myself!! It does look interesting....and STRONG!!! Thanks for posting!

http://www.vipeel.com/Vi_Peel_about.asp

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Yep go for the TCA if you are going to do it.

Oh ya fawnie that is exactly what I look like, a burn victim. But only for a couple of days. You are working 3, 12 hours shifts? As in 3 days a week? Not a good work schedule for doing a peel-
but anything is possible, right!!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Fawnie, would it be possible to put the peel on a couple of days before your 36 hour shift. So you have two days in. Then start the 36 hours. So the last day of your 36 hour shift would be day 5, so brown but not too, too bad. Then four days off, which would be Days 6, 7, 8, and 9? By Day 10 you're good to go and start your 36 hour shifts again?

Gymrat, would that work?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for starting this thread lexi....I'm toying with the idea of TCA peel myself for those pesky ULL but don't have ANY time for "the uglies".....I'm working a 36hr shift and three 12's a week now. If that doesn't keel me I'll need a peel when I'm done 4 shur!
I am pretty much decided on doing the peels head to toe. I have to have some oral surgery and will be blown up in the face so figure what better time (plus I will already be on pain meds). Interestingly a friend of mine who is a dermatologist told me the best way to do it is a combo peel, jessner tca for best results. I have also been warned to use a skin bleach like hq before and after. I am already starting on 20% AHA lotion (Donnel) for now. I just am trying to figure out how much to buy and of what strengths and where--it almost makes you want to just go pay to get it done.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Fawnie, would it be possible to put the peel on a couple of days before your 36 hour shift. So you have two days in. Then start the 36 hours. So the last day of your 36 hour shift would be day 5, so brown but not too, too bad. Then four days off, which would be Days 6, 7, 8, and 9? By Day 10 you're good to go and start your 36 hour shifts again?

Gymrat, would that work?
Yep, that would totally work. Depending on what days fawnie is working. But either way, being a little brown would not be such a big deal. If you could plan for day 7 and 8 at home that would be perfect. Plus, add a little RA to that and you would peel sooner-

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I am pretty much decided on doing the peels head to toe. I have to have some oral surgery and will be blown up in the face so figure what better time (plus I will already be on pain meds). Interestingly a friend of mine who is a dermatologist told me the best way to do it is a combo peel, jessner tca for best results. I have also been warned to use a skin bleach like hq before and after. I am already starting on 20% AHA lotion (Donnel) for now. I just am trying to figure out how much to buy and of what strengths and where--it almost makes you want to just go pay to get it done.
Oh ya, if I had to do all of that before a peel, I would definately pay to have it done. Not worth the hassle of making a mistake (applying too much or not enough, and come out uneven).

You could always start at your feet and work your way up, so that by the time you got to your face you had it all figured out.

Better safe than sorry, too risky when dealing with acids, in my opinion.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Jeez-o-pete now I am getting cold feet again!

Way too expensive to go to a MedSpa for me, but I think I could do a one layer 12.5% peel at first to get the hang of it, don't you think? I've been on Retin-A/Green Cream for about a year now....that should have prepped my skin by now right???

Do you go by "frost" to tell if you have applied enough TCA?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Jeez-o-pete now I am getting cold feet again!

Way too expensive to go to a MedSpa for me, but I think I could do a one layer 12.5% peel at first to get the hang of it, don't you think? I've been on Retin-A/Green Cream for about a year now....that should have prepped my skin by now right???

Do you go by "frost" to tell if you have applied enough TCA?
No, fawnie do not worry. You will be fine. But Lexi is talking about using a bleaching cream before and after, plus using 20% AHA lotion. And do her whole body.

For you, you will be fine. You should totally start with a 12.5% to see how it goes. But personally, I think you could handle the 15%. (depending on your pain tolerance)

I always apply until I frost. That way I get a good peel-
And using RA and GR is a great thing. Just make sure to stop with the RA/GR a week before you do your peel. (I do anyways)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How much would it be in USA for a head to toe TCA/Jessner type peel? I am wondering if I should not see if I can go get it done. I am not so scared of doing it, I just want to make sure I use the right strengths. As I understand pigmentation issues would be the worst problem. But I would love to get it done when I am already out of commission for some days and the pain pills add to my motivation.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts