Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm mixed (west african and french)and I love my skin tone. Last year I ended up breaking out in neuro-dermatitis which left dark spots all over my skin. I have about five on my face, on my arms and on my legs.

Not only do I feel hideous, I wear long sleeves and pants every day now. I used to model, and was dropped by my agent due to this.

It's summer here in Los Angeles and I want to be able to wear shorts and a bathing suit again. I hear of parties coming up and I want to go but I fear people will just make fun of my horrible skin.

I don't want to have to wear body makeup or thick foundation every day of my life, I just want it GONE and quickly too. Can anybody offer up some advice on how to get rid of this? *I don't have health insurance yet so the doctor is out of the question*

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. I would've suggested laser treatment to rid yourself of these scars. There's a cream called tri-luma that is good for small areas. You just dot it onto the darpigmented areas & they'll rapidly fade. This is strong stuff & not everyone tolerates it well but it may be an option for you. Good luck & I hope that after these scars go, you may resume modeling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the advice. how long is rapidly for you? I want to wear a bathing suit lol

As soon as I get some money im definately seeking out some laser treatment action.

Ill post some pictures when I get home so people can see what I'm talking about

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Tri luma is strong. Some people begin seeing results in as little as one week. Results vary, of course, with each person's body & the severity of the hyperpigmentation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about the HQ4% and retin a? That's easier for me to find online. How would you suggest i use it? All over or just put dots in the areas that need to lighten? Please help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts