Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
how long have you had them? Usually if they are pretty new and still red, you can use Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E creams to make them heal better. But if they are old, creams will not make them go away. I've heard there are laser treatments, but I don't know anyone personally who has had the procedure done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It all depends on how deep they are. You can try strong products that are specifically for the reduction and fading of stretch marks. If those don't work than you can go get a extremely deep peeling at a cosmetician or doctor. There are certain peels that actually remove a layer of your epidermis. If the stretch marks aren't too deep this can help fade them. But I think that they are pricey.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, I may have to go the pricier route as I want them gone, at least by human eye detection level. I know someone is doing something that works because all those stars are having babies and in the movies...where are the stretch marks. They aren't that lucky, and makeup can't cover them, I've tried dermablend. So I know something is going on. Mine are older by the way, a few years. I lost some weight and I have them around my middle, and a few on my arms so I really want to get rid of them so I can wear tank tops!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Even celebrities get stretch marks. The pictures you see in magazines are all touched up and airbrushed. When they go out in public, they load up on makeup. I'm sure there are some procedures that can minimize the appearance of the stretch marks. But I will be very surprised if even a knife will get rid of the really bad ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It helped me a lot and it helped with sun spots and wrinkles. I think its an all around great product. I have heard from a few people that it didnt work for them. Its a shame cuz its great for me and others i know too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I travelled to Bariloche Argentina with my family last July and there was a store selling and promoting all over town "Rosa Mosquetta" Oil. It's a plant that grows there that has like 100 times the vitamin C of oranges. The oil is made into creams and removes scars and stretch marks. I tried it on my stretch marks, and in about a month they were literally almost gone. I haven't bought this product online, but i'm sure a google search for 'rosa mosquetta' would help you locate one.

IT's the best product i've seen for your request about stretch marks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is very common that almost every woman in a specific time of their lives will develop stretch marks. In pregnancy it is common to have them, after the birth of my baby i suffered same problem, once the stretch mark develops they will stay with you forever; but with time they will be less noticeable. The only way to avoid stretch marks is preventing them. It is very important to exercise in order to get rid of stretch marks. Make sure in your diet you are getting plenty of protein and foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E, they promote good tissue growth. You can also try this homemade recipe: Mix one ounce of carrier oil ( try avocado, sweet almond, jojoba, they are the best ) with seven drops of lavender and five drops of chamomile.

·
Registered
379 Posts
COFFEE SCRUB
» Why It Works: Most pricey cellulite treatments use caffeine to promote circulation, deep-cleanse pores and act as a diuretic by removing excess water from your dermis. Our version uses the same stimulators — but with ingredients usually reserved for your morning cup of joe.
» You'll Need:
- 1 cup fresh-ground coffee
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil

»Mix all the ingredients. Massage into thighs, butt and other areas prone to, sigh, the cottage cheese effect for five minutes in a circular motion.
Rinse when finished. Repeat three to five times per week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I travelled to Bariloche Argentina with my family last July and there was a store selling and promoting all over town "Rosa Mosquetta" Oil. It's a plant that grows there that has like 100 times the vitamin C of oranges. The oil is made into creams and removes scars and stretch marks. I tried it on my stretch marks, and in about a month they were literally almost gone. I haven't bought this product online, but i'm sure a google search for 'rosa mosquetta' would help you locate one.

IT's the best product i've seen for your request about stretch marks.
so rose mosquetta really work for u? im new to this forum and i do have stretch marks ...... so thanks for u help and im sure to try it. and its sold on amazon if anyone is looking

·
Registered
8 Posts
Creams and all of that will reduce the appearance. They do this by softening the pull of the skin and by smoothing tone and texture of the skin. Peels make them look better because they pull off layers of skin. Think about your stretch mark like a V. Before the peel it's a capital V. After the peel it's a lowercase v. So it looks better. But eventually those layers will regrow and you'll be back at a capital V.

There are more and more lasers coming out that will help with scars and scar formations. Right now though the 'easiest' way to get rid of them is to have them cut away if you have extra skin.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Peels don't really help though because stretch marks aren't like a v...the damage is in the deeper layers of skin. The top layers of skin are actually healthy. They don't feel smooth because there is a tear underneath, causing a lack of support to the thinner, top layer of skin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Peels don't really help though because stretch marks aren't like a v...the damage is in the deeper layers of skin. The top layers of skin are actually healthy. They don't feel smooth because there is a tear underneath, causing a lack of support to the thinner, top layer of skin.
I never said they helped the mark, just explaining why some people think they look better after a peel. A stretch mark is very much v shaped in appearance for most. Remove healthy skin around that groove and it appears shallower. There is nothing healthy about scar tissue. Its a aubstitute, not a replacement. If I'm not mistaken you are saying there's healthy skin over the stretch mark? If not, I am misunderstanding you. Healthy skin has glands and hair follicles, all absent in scar tissue.

·
Registered
283 Posts
hi
i'm new to the forum but just thought that i could share what worked for me so far
just after my pregnancy i used only natural ingredients
i made my own blend of oils : apricot oil, papaya oil, cocoa butter and shea butter melted but they solidifies later, ,neem oil, coconut oil,rice bran oil, kukui oil, soya bean oil ( really important ),emu oil ( really nice as well), and organic rose hip oil few drops of each in a base of vitamin E oil !!
it made my skin really firm and i could see a difference after few weeks twice a day.
it really helps for the peeling later one as they always work better on a good skin.
drink a lot of water also.
now for the chemical part :
green peeling oil
10% glycolic acid for a month
few weeks rest
30% GA
then i'm now using 70% once to twice a month
still using oil i made few times a month.
strech mark are less visible
flatter i'd say
as i'm black africian the color didn't really bother me i was more the wrinkly texture of my skin
still not perfect but i can wear high waisted bikinis when no one is watching lol

hope it helps
sorry for the language
i'm french
good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
how long have you had them? Usually if they are pretty new and still red, you can use Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E creams to make them heal better. But if they are old, creams will not make them go away. I've heard there are laser treatments, but I don't know anyone personally who has had the procedure done.
What exactly qualifies as new and old? I have some light ones on my hip (horizontally???) and i only noticed them a month or two ago.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts