Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been all over the newspapers, tv, internet, etc. I am wondering what your thoughts are on this, here is all the information that I could gather:

What it is:
A multitasking, leave-on exfoliating treatment.
What it is formulated to do:
Fight signs of age, dullness, dry flakes, and uneven skintone with this gentle, plant-based solution. The non-irritating, minimally abrasive formula exfoliates without causing dramatic changes to pH. It is ideal for men and women of all skin types seeking a brighter, smoother, more refined and youthful complexion.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:- Parabens
What else you need to know:
A powerful TriActive Concentrate (ExfolactiveÂae, Willowbark, and WhitonylÂae) delivers a bevy of enzyme activators, plant-based exfoliants, and botanical brighteners to create smooth, healthy luminosity.

Active Ingredients:
-ExfolactiveÂae: Provides a rich source of oligosaccharides (complex sugars) that increase natural enzyme productivity for enhanced exfoliation.
-Willowbark: Containing salicins, which naturally and gradually convert to salicylic acid to allow for gentle, non-irritating exfoliation.
-WhitonylÂae: Contains oligosaccharide-rich red algae that brightens hyperpigmentation and evens skintone by affecting tyrosinase activity.
-Eijitsu Rose: Contains a natural antioxidant that helps reduce appearance of pores. 0.9 oz:
Water(Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Opuntia Ficus-Indica Flower Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Ethylhexylglycerin Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Red 40 (CI 16035), Fragrance (Parfum).
-For external use only.
-Avoid direct contact with eyes. EXFOLACTIVEÂae (4%):
After 6 days of twice-daily applications, the activity of exfoliating Stratum Corneum Tryptic Enzyme and Stratum Corneum Chymotryptic Enzyme increased by 39% and 21% respectively.
-Accelerates cell renewal.

In a test conducted on 20 volunteers:
-Significant reduction of surface wrinkles was reported after 28 days of use.
-Number of wrinkles decreased by 13%.
-Total wrinkled surface decreased by 20%.
-Total length of wrinkles decreased by 13%.

WILLOWBARK (10%):
-Shown to increase stratum corneum turnover by 24%.
-Shown to offer equivalent efficacy as salicylic acid at 1%, with less risk of irritation and other negative side effects.

WHITONYLÂae:
-Significantly lightens senescence spots and decreases their mean surface.
-Shown to reduce the activity of tyrosinase by 27%.
-Shown to reduce the quantity of melanin produced by 52%.
-Shown to reduce the synthesis of proteins important in melanosome transport, Rab27a, and melanophillin, by 31% and 35%, respectively.
-Shown to reduce the synthesis of Stem Cell Factor (a mediator of signaling factors of photoinduced pigmentation) by 81%.
-After 56 days of twice-daily application, shown to lighten skin spots by up to 68%. -Apply 4-6 drops nightly to cleansed skin, concentrating on rough, flaky, sun-damaged areas.
-Follow with moisturizer.
-May also be used in the morning under makeup.
-Results are cumulative and maximized with consistent use.
-Initial results are usually seen within 7-14 days.
-If used as recommended, product will last 8-12 weeks.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Every stivectin product I have tried hasn't done a darn thing for me. I don't even pay attention to what it is claiming to do anymore to be honest. It's a gimmick in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gimm ICKKK LOL, I was interested in this product b/c of its exfoliating ingredients but come to think of it, the classic AHA/BHA/TCA could do 100x better for the skin than this crap. Their marketing strategies DID catch my attention though because they said something along the lines of how you should be able to wake up with bright, glowing and rejuvenated skin every day and with thsi exfoliant/resurfacing serum, you can. Well then I got to thinking, it took me a while to wake up to fresh skin with regular RA use b/c it was settling in my skin and purging for a while, it would have been nice if all of the nightly products I used started off with me looking bright and glowy in the beginning. Anyways, you do have a point there, if you have money then you can sell your products easily; some brand names of products that have great exposure are Strivectin, Dr Andrew Weil Origins, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Clinique, etc.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Sorry, I am just not a big believer in anything that offers $ back gurantees. You know how I feel about these kinds of products they are

You don't see them advertising Botox with this:

100% Money Back Guarantee: If you are not totally satisfied with the significant decrease in the appearance of your existing wrinkles, simply return within 30 days for a full, prompt refund, no questions asked!

come on LnL, don't fall for this.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL its gonna be hard to get your money back if Botox didnt work for you. You are absolutely right, its like going to McDonalds, ordering a Big Mac, taking a few bites and then asking for your money back 100% b/c you werent satisfied with the burger.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
My belief is if the product does what it claims too, then why offer $ back gurantee??? It is pointless. Noone wants their $ back if the product does what it claims to do.

So for those product lines that offer this, I always steer clear. Just not a big believer in this kind of advertising. I am also not a big believer of the "as seen on TV" stuff either-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LnL
The only ingredient I recognize is the Willow Bark (aspirin is derived from willow bark and is a BHA as you know). Could help with exfoliation but aren't there a lot of cheaper proven products out there for exfoliation?

Another Stri-Vectin hype I think. Agree with Gymrat - Stri-Vectin products never did much for me.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts