Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend me some sunscreen with a high amount of zinc in it and doesn't white out my skin to much? I've been using burn out, but I'm starting to think I need a very very strong sunscreen either that or I'm very prone to hyperpigmentation....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The COTZ flawless complexion sunscreen is clear and high percentage of zinc oxide
So I've been using Burn out which is spf 30 and has 18.1 zinc in it and another Chemical/Physical Sunscreen 50++++

and I'm still seeing small pigmentation surface. Do you know anything else besides what you recommended?

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Use a spf 50+ chemical as first layer, then apply the burnout as the second layer then reapply the chemical throughout the day every 3 hours or so. If you care to, otherwise use it all in conjunction with a skin brightening serum that contains niacinamide, vitamin c, tranexamic acid etc your pick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Use a spf 50+ chemical as first layer, then apply the burnout as the second layer then reapply the chemical throughout the day every 3 hours or so. If you care to, otherwise use it all in conjunction with a skin brightening serum that contains niacinamide, vitamin c, tranexamic acid etc your pick.
I didn't know people actually do that...? I thought that makes the sunscreen less effective?

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
First, be sure your sunscreens don't contain uv filters that would negatively interact with each other and become unstable, once layered. For example, uncoated titanium dioxide or zinc oxide degrades Avobenzene, majority of chemical SS contain Avobenzene. So just know what your layering and how they work or don't work with each other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts