Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case someone would want to read. I have followed a low carb low sugar diet for about 6 years now. I am not sure it keeps wrinkles away but it sure helps keep the pounds away. But still I have to work out and exercise. The older I get the harder it is to stay a certain weight. No doubt about it.

Too Much Sugar Causes Wrinkles on Yahoo! Health

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Good article, goatlady, thanks for posting. Yes, I have heard that glycation works against us and contributes to wrinkles..and now some skin creams are jumping on the bandwagon touting that they counteract glycation. So now we can eat whatever junk we want with impunity...just slap on some XYZ cream! WRONG!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Good article, goatlady, thanks for posting. Yes, I have heard that glycation works against us and contributes to wrinkles..and now some skin creams are jumping on the bandwagon touting that they counteract glycation. So now we can eat whatever junk we want with impunity...just slap on some XYZ cream! WRONG!!
Great - I walked to the bulk store today and back which was great exercise. But I must have eaten 2 pounds of chocolate and licorice too. Now I need to really work on those facial exercises.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, you know what the antidote for chocolate is, don't you? Diet Pepsi!!!
Just get back on the wagon tomorrow mireckca! All that walking probably burned it off anyway!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yum sounds great!! Nothing better than chocolate, pretzels and diet pepsi-
(no I am not PMSing at all
)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by fawnie

Well, you know what the antidote for chocolate is, don't you? Diet Pepsi!!!

Yes! I am sitting here chugging down a huge glass of Diet Pepsi right now! I usually drink water but am dehydrated from being on the road today. It's a 10 mile RT to the mall and back.

Quote: Originally Posted by

Just get back on the wagon tomorrow mireckca! All that walking probably burned it off anyway!

Tomorrow is Canada Day - a national holiday. I'll be back on the wagon Thursday in prep for my next long walk which will be on Saturday. My friend wants to buy an iPod - and I love going to the Apple store, especially to spend someone else's money. I have 3 iPods - but my computer is a PC; my next one will be a Mac. Time to start learning about the options and features on the new series that was just released.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeah, the Apple stores are just like candy stores aren't they!!!

Are you talking about Snow Leopard? Is that OS out yet? I have Leopard. It has way more stuff than I'll ever know in a lifetime...LOL...my computer is smarter (and prettier) than I am!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
OS X Snow Leopard is the latest and greatest out by Apple

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
haha! I'm good with Leopard for now!! What comes after Snow Leopard?
What ever Mr Apple chooses I guess. I am a PC user. We have MACs (boys and DH), but I am true to my PC. Also, I think it is because I have all of my stuff saved on it and HATE the thought of having stuff on 2 computers!! I can barley keep up with one. I use my PC during the day, when no one is home and will use a MAC at night when I feel the men of the house need my attention.

I do prefer to be back in the cave though where I have peace and quiet and can watch what I want on TV!! I am home alone tonight, so I have full run at it-

·
Registered
20 Posts
In case someone would want to read. I have followed a low carb low sugar diet for about 6 years now. I am not sure it keeps wrinkles away but it sure helps keep the pounds away. But still I have to work out and exercise. The older I get the harder it is to stay a certain weight. No doubt about it.
I am a mad sugar fan - cake is my favorite food group, followed by Rollos - but I'm off it as of a couple days ago. No more whole wheat bread, even, for a while, at least.

Thank you for the interesting link!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Tomorrow is Canada Day - a national holiday. I'll be back on the wagon Thursday in prep for my next long walk which will be on Saturday. My friend wants to buy an iPod - and I love going to the Apple store, especially to spend someone else's money. I have 3 iPods - but my computer is a PC; my next one will be a Mac. Time to start learning about the options and features on the new series that was just released.
What do you/they do for Canada Day? Are things closed? Mid week?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think sugar is that bad for your skin, i mean, they make sugar masks right? Maybe if you chug a lot of regular sodas instead of the sugar-free types, you'd end up more dehydrated.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What do you/they do for Canada Day? Are things closed? Mid week?
It is a day of national pride - but the focus does not seem to be on freedom and independence as in the States, since this country does not have that type of military history. But folks celebrate with picnics, cookouts, fireworks, and the like. Most things are closed as on the 4th of July, a few things are opened - but it's anybody's guess which things. I went out today and did my shopping and errands because the community where I now live will pretty much be closed down. Plus I need to get some work done so that I can celebrate the 4th later in the week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think sugar is that bad for your skin, i mean, they make sugar masks right? Maybe if you chug a lot of regular sodas instead of the sugar-free types, you'd end up more dehydrated.
If you search on "sugar inflammation" you'll find interesting info about how sugar (and other foods, like red meat, saturated fat, and others) cause inflammation in our organs, which can lead to disease and premature aging.

Kind of alarming!

But as they say, all things in moderation...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have actually used the Dr. Brandt Anti-Glycation Serum and found it to be a great product. The targeted concern is the loss of elasticity that happens when our collagen and elastin fibers are compromised. Sugar molecules stick to the protein fibers, when this happens the fibers become brittle and weak, skin loses elasiticity and therefore become susceptible to wrinkles. The science behind the using anti-glycation serum actually makes sense. I was talking to one of their corporate trainers about this very product about 6 months ago and that is when I started using it. Its pretty fantastic.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Too Much Sugar Causes Wrinkles on Yahoo! Health
I love Leslie! She has a wonderful book about skin solutions that i have read and she really focuses on great price points...of her suggestions, the Topix is the only one that I can really suggest is a great product as I have used it and it has a good price point. The CoffeeBerry WAS NOT for me lol! Great article, thank you for sharing.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
It is a day of national pride - but the focus does not seem to be on freedom and independence as in the States, since this country does not have that type of military history. But folks celebrate with picnics, cookouts, fireworks, and the like. Most things are closed as on the 4th of July, a few things are opened - but it's anybody's guess which things. I went out today and did my shopping and errands because the community where I now live will pretty much be closed down. Plus I need to get some work done so that I can celebrate the 4th later in the week.
Happy Canada Day-

1 - 20 of 49 Posts