Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have asian dry skin which is prone to freckles. Over the years, brown spots have come on my face and there is slight discoloration near my eyes too - pigmentation. I have tried many treatments - glycolic peel, Intensive Photo facial etc. But as soon as I stop.. it goes back to its original state.

I m looking for a skin lightening cream. I checked out Nur76 on internet. There are good reviews by websites but not much good customer feedbacks.

Pls suggest a good skin lightening cream. Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey,

I have asian dry skin which is prone to freckles. Over the years, brown spots have come on my face and there is slight discoloration near my eyes too - pigmentation. I have tried many treatments - glycolic peel, Intensive Photo facial etc. But as soon as I stop.. it goes back to its original state.

I m looking for a skin lightening cream. I checked out Nur76 on internet. There are good reviews by websites but not much good customer feedbacks.

Pls suggest a good skin lightening cream. Thanks
If you're just looking to get a more even tone, Jose, one of the posters on this website used Likas papaya soap and neoceuticals lightening gel which has worked well for him. He posted his pics to show his results
If you want to lighten, many of us on this website are using HQ4% and retin-a 0.1% with very good results.
If you read threads on skin lightening, you'll find very helpful info, good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think hydroquinone 4% is the best option for skin lightening. It stops the production of melanin in new cells, so that as these new skin cells reach the surface, they don't have the same pigment as previously sloughed off cells. It makes your skin more prone to sun burn though, as that's what melanin does. You have to wear a sunblock on the areas you use it on. HQ4% is available OTC in Canada, but you need an Rx in the US. All OTC fade cream products in the US with Hydroquinone will be at the 2% concentration. It will work also, but may take a bit longer than the 4%. Either way, you may not see much change for a good 30 days even with the 4% concentration. If peels haven't worked (and I'm surprised they haven't), reducing the pigment production in the cells may.

Alternatively, there are natural products such as Kojic acid and licorice that are purported to lighten skin. Vitamin C as well. I haven't had much experience with these so I can't comment on their results.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just a quick update from a previous poster (hzqh7p) I just got the Melanage Peel on Friday 6/12/09 for Melasma. I tried a million other things, nothing really worked, so I heard about the Melanage Peel (which replaced the Cosmelan Peel). It is day 3 and my face feels like a bad sunburn and has been peeling like one too. I have to say, I can already see that my melasma has faded already!!! The Melanage Peel is a combination of Vitamin A and Hydroquinone (very high concentration). You wear the mask home and you have it on for 8 hours that day. I am not big on Hydroquinone, but it really seems to be the only thing that works and the Spa that I go to says they only want me on it for a short time, then a natural lightener after that for maintenance. I don't want to get too excited, but feel very very hopefu already. My skin itches like crazy and I still have to put Vitamin A pads on my face for the next 7 days along with the Melanage Mask 2 every night. After that, then just the Melanage 2 lotion. My face was swollen and very red too (so don't plan anything for a good 2 weeks). I am hoping it will be worth all the misery. I will keep you posted, but from everyone I have talked to about this peel, it is supposed to be the best thing for Melasma and/or hyperpigmentation, but specifically melasma. I will keep you posted if you are interested. I have tried it all (honestly), I swear. So I am hoping this will work for me and I will let you know as the days go by, but so far so good. I am feeling very very hopeful and that's always good.

Until then, just wanted to pass some info along about it. Also the price was 535.00 and I know that's alot, but so is all the stuff I keep buying that hasn't worked. I live in the Midwest, so it just depends where you are, how much it is. I have seen it as high as 800.00. Check out the pictures online, it really does seem to work, but I will let you know my experience too.

Thanks, I hope this helps anyone who might have questions about it, like I did.
Julie

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Nur76 is a scam! Save your money. What works quite well is blending HQ4% & Tretinoin 0.1% into a cream & using it 2x/day.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm using that. It hasn't really 'lightened' my skin per se, but it does clean & exfoliate very well leaving you with super clean 'un-coated' skin that'll absorb the creams better. For a few bucks, it is a good deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great.. Thanks to all. Nur76 is not worth it and I wont be going in for that. I m searching for HQ4%.. but not able to find here. I m in UK.. and currently searching for that. I must say .. all of you have done excellent research and take excellent care of your skin.

As of now, I m planning to follow this
-> Likas papaya soap
-> HQ4%
-> Meladerm

Will keep you posted about any changes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts