Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've completed 15 days using Caro white (jar cream) for the face/neck/ears along with light exfoliation in the evening & sunblock during the day. I'm seeing some brightening results, more evening of my face, I had a lot of hyperpigmentation on face to clearing up well and plan to use up to 4-6 weeks then rotate.

* How light has other's lightened with CW & how long did it take?*

But, for the past 2 weeks it's still a challenge searching for a non-Hq product that's affordable (on a budget for now) to alternate CW with once my 4-6 weeks are up and not lose results.. I'm nonstop searching & reading through the forum's posts, searching videos as well.

At first, I was planning to use G&G pink lid but I do not know if it has steroids (& mercury) too as hidden ingredient after reading the recall reports of the G&G red lid.

I'm not totally against steroid use (for face/neck/ears). But, I'll begin the exfoliation process for the body soon when I make my order. Yet, I suppose G&G is now a nay, as I want to avoid stretchmarks from creams. I already have naturally but aren't strongly visible, don't want more.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So far I've completed 15 days using Caro white (jar cream) for the face/neck/ears along with light exfoliation in the evening & sunblock during the day. I'm seeing some brightening results, more evening of my face, I had a lot of hyperpigmentation on face to clearing up well and plan to use up to 4-6 weeks then rotate.

But, for the past 2 weeks it's still a challenge searching for a non-Hq product that's affordable (on a budget for now) to alternate CW with once my 4-6 weeks are up and not lose results.. I'm nonstop searching & reading through the forum's posts, searching videos as well.

At first, I was planning to use G&G pink lid but I do not know if it has steroids (& mercury) too as hidden ingredient after reading the recall reports of the G&G red lid.

I'm not totally against steroid use (for face/neck/ears). But, I'll begin the exfoliation process for the body soon when I make my order. Yet, I suppose G&G is now a nay, as I want to avoid stretchmarks from creams. I already have naturally but aren't strongly visible, don't want more.
Don’t use G&G. They changed the formula. Every G&G out now is supposedly fake. I posted questions on G&G on certain threads on here yesterday, but nobody wanted to answer. So I guess my answer means that no one fucks with G&G anymore. I would resort to using a bleach that has no steroids or HQ.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Don’t use G&G. They changed the formula. Every G&G out now is supposedly fake. I posted questions on G&G on certain threads on here yesterday, but nobody wanted to answer. So I guess my answer means that no one fucks with G&G anymore. I would resort to using a bleach that has no steroids or HQ.
yes I used gng and got dark.

so done with it.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Caro white AND lactic acid together is the one thing I know works solidly, and inexpensive. I've never kept up with it super long term, but it works well; it's taken me from very dark to bright to golden brown in months' time. There was a member who swore by it on here and she was very light high yellow. I'd put as much lactic acid as you can comfortably bear for max results.

·
Registered
140 Posts

so done with it.
How long were you using G&G for you to get dark? And were you mixing it with anything? @masa

·
Registered
127 Posts
The last two tubs of g&g i used darken me. i bought them from two different bss just to be sure. before then, g&g was my holy-grail.
I don't know what they did with it. Did they change the formula?
It's so heartbreaking cos i'm using expensive QEI that don't lighten.

·
Registered
774 Posts
The last two tubs of g&g i used darken me. i bought them from two different bss just to be sure. before then, g&g was my holy-grail.
I don't know what they did with it. Did they change the formula?
It's so heartbreaking cos i'm using expensive QEI that don't lighten.
Something definitely happened.

@papi I mix it with dodo. I used the mix before so I know how it works on me but this time it darken me.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Try this...

wash with a Kojic acid-based or a glutathione-based soap, leave it on for at least 1 min or so and rinse it off, then pat dry and apply Fair & White brightening serum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for the heads up pertaining to G&G. Which products that are effective that doesn't have HQ or steroids, to lighten the body & maintaining the face?

After body exfoliation for a month or 2, then Caro white & RA or KA, ... after this I'm not certain which to rotate with.
I'm wondering if adding certain active ingredients to a lotion/cream base is enough to not re-darken from progress...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Caro white AND lactic acid together is the one thing I know works solidly, and inexpensive. I've never kept up with it super long term, but it works well; it's taken me from very dark to bright to golden brown in months' time. There was a member who swore by it on here and she was very light high yellow. I'd put as much lactic acid as you can comfortably bear for max results.
Thanks, I'll use CW/LA after the exfoliation process. Is it best to apply an LA lotion like Amlactin, then apply CW? Or get an LA serum and mix in the CW?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try this...

wash with a Kojic acid-based or a glutathione-based soap, leave it on for at least 1 min or so and rinse it off, then pat dry and apply Fair & White brightening serum.
I appreciate it, I'm considering getting Kojie San since it's often praised. I used to use Diana Stalder Papaya kojic soap, but I noticed now it's heavily overpriced compared to the prices they used to charge.

I may add F&W brightening serum when rotation of HQ, isn't their active Hq?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

so done with it.
I had read that the G&G (red lid) may have contained mercury, this may have caused darkening? Dodo was tested & contains mercury too.

If it was applied to the body, it could've been the steroids that caused it too.
My skin can only tolerate a steroid-based product if applied to the face/neck/shoulders/ears. But, I had bad reactions some years back (w/ bio claire & years later w/then neoprosone) when I tried to lighten the body as well & applied to my arms or legs of bright red that turned very dark, it looked & felt burned. After they healed, a mild lactic acid solution, kojic soap, and Hq faded the dark areas completely.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Something definitely happened.

@papi I mix it with dodo. I used the mix before so I know how it works on me but this time it darken me.
Wow I'm glad I haven't repurchased yet and end up ruining my skin. My friend also said this.
Have you found/are you using an alternative?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Interesting.. I use gng pink with carowhite not on it's on but I've lightened up. When did this change happen?? After this mix I'm switching to Carowhite and skinlight or vit fee

But as far as rotation goes I like Ikb gel, Easy white Paris non hq version and kojic powder, clair Express serum whenever I stop using hq

As long as I'm using a strong la lotion daily and kojic San soap which I leave on at night and sunblock.. with my non hq mix I'm fine

I know this sounds crazy but If you really tryna peel good I use la lotion 2 times 15 mins apart then spray maxi peel #3 then the next day I put on yellow peeling oil 3 times 15 mins apart then use maxi peel #3 and I peel the 3rd day tremendously but my skin be much lighter no pih.

But that's all I got I don't post much here nomore. I'm afraid to buy gng now because this one I had is a bit old so I wonder of it was before the change... Good luck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks, I'll use CW/LA after the exfoliation process. Is it best to apply an LA lotion like Amlactin, then apply CW? Or get an LA serum and mix in the CW?
I mix carowhite and the lactic acid together until it's a nice consistency :) Try a little at first and gradually add more that you're comfortable. The stronger the LA the better the combo works IMO, just don't make it too strong

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I believe it is also lol. I never react to kojic San soap and also I rotate on days I keep the soap on then skin build the next morning shea butter aloe vera and coconut oil mix then.

Btw I don't layer the ypo la and mp everyday that's a once in a few months kinda thing because the peeling is so intense.. after u do that la lotion is good enough you already even out and good to go..

Also forgot to add white luxury is good lotion as well. I'm on the fence about gng because I still want to use it but idk.. Yall scared me

But my skin peel so much I wake up with dead skin all on my sheets constantly wash them. So dont do that if you dont like obsessive peeling for a while. And where a suna suit whenever you can tolerate it. I just wear mine close up my bathroom blast shower and sink on hot and sit for bout 30 mins and I'm drenched..

·
Registered
164 Posts
I believe it is also lol. I never react to kojic San soap and also I rotate on days I keep the soap on then skin build the next morning shea butter aloe vera and coconut oil mix then.

Btw I don't layer the ypo la and mp everyday that's a once in a few months kinda thing because the peeling is so intense.. after u do that la lotion is good enough you already even out and good to go..

Also forgot to add white luxury is good lotion as well. I'm on the fence about gng because I still want to use it but idk.. Yall scared me

But my skin peel so much I wake up with dead skin all on my sheets constantly wash them. So dont do that if you dont like obsessive peeling for a while. And where a suna suit whenever you can tolerate it. I just wear mine close up my bathroom blast shower and sink on hot and sit for bout 30 mins and I'm drenched..
Lol I get what you mean, I'm scared to purchase any new G&G now. Also because of the potentially 'hidden ingredients' in it. I'll probably just got back to IKB and its serum. It always gave me good results but used to make me look a bit orangy sometimes, while I actually want a golden-brown colour
I'm hearing about clair Express serum and white luxury for the first time, what are they based?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts