Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gorgeous ppl! I hope everyone is happy and safe and doing well ❤

I haven’t been on here in a min, but I’m back and planning on making some progress.

I was never able to be consistent with my old method about 2 years back (nor was it even a good method) but after doing some more heavy research here is my plan:

I am going to be fully and completely natural in this process. So I will be using kojic acid soap with exfoliating gloves, soaking in salt baths to exfoliate as well, using lactic/glycolic acid lotions, lactic/glycolic acid peels head to toe, using retinols/tretinoin, azealic acid, and doing rectal glutathione (I heard this works better than taking it orally), taking vitamin C, MSM, biotin, niacinamide supplements, and lots of sunscreen (and skin building!). I won’t be using any lightening creams, serums, gels or lotions.

I want to lighten at least 2 shades up. Do you think it’s possible with my regimen? I’ll attach pics of my starting color and the goal color I am trying to reach.

i pray that this is the year we can reach all the goals we want with our skin! 🙏 everyone here on SCT deserves it bc you guys are so kind and helpful.

what are your lightening plans for the summer? Has anyone seen any results lately with the routine you are using? Let’s discuss them all! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goal shade continued:
Arm Leg Human body Waist Thigh

Joint Leg Muscle Black Thigh

tina kunakey

Some others I wanted to add but wasn’t able to:
-Lori Harvey
-Lais Ribeiro
-Zoe Saldana

do you guys think this is a realistic goal to reach from my current shade to goal shade with the regimen I plan on using? I don’t want to be super light or anything like that. I want to be a bronzey caramel color. I have very yellow undertone if that helps.

lmk what you guys think! And share your current shade and goal shades with me! :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
This is super realistic for you! Honestly I feel like you’re quite close if the first one with Jasmine Tookes. You’re updated regimen seems amazing. You’ll get their super fast.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I’m focusing on elbows, neck and abdomen

Reactions: steviegirl

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Has anyone had success with The Ordinary's Alpha Arbutin serum? Would it be equal to something like IKB gel or Precious gel?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Goal shade continued: View attachment 67636
View attachment 67637
tina kunakey

Some others I wanted to add but wasn’t able to:
-Lori Harvey
-Lais Ribeiro
-Zoe Saldana

do you guys think this is a realistic goal to reach from my current shade to goal shade with the regimen I plan on using? I don’t want to be super light or anything like that. I want to be a bronzey caramel color. I have very yellow undertone if that helps.

lmk what you guys think! And share your current shade and goal shades with me! :)
Very realistic and you will find it easy to maintain too.
Also very good way to go about it, natural is best. Moisturising is very key with skin lightening so take it up a notch.

·
Administrator
33,997 Posts
Has anyone had success with The Ordinary's Alpha Arbutin serum? Would it be equal to something like IKB gel or Precious gel?
I have it @lightboy, 🙋‍♀️ .........stick with IKB gel, I haven't used Precious gel, but would agree with @kweeny.

Nice seeing you back in the hood you too @kweeny (y)hope all is well on your side of the world 😘

• Love
Reactions: kweeny

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Hi guys I got super dark in the face this spring, and I had to change my ss back to what was working
Due to the price I started using "Black girls sunscreen" but my face still got darker than my body..

so I had to go back to my old tinted ss "Unseen" brand and the powder ss , its a bit expensive but it works the best. I wont switch anymore because its not worth it , I hate a skin setback

Reactions: gymrat

·
Administrator
33,997 Posts
Hi guys I got super dark in the face this spring, and I had to change my ss back to what was working
Due to the price I started using "Black girls sunscreen" but my face still got darker than my body..

so I had to go back to my old tinted ss "Unseen" brand and the powder ss , its a bit expensive but it works the best. I wont switch anymore because its not worth it , I hate a skin setback
@DOODOOBROWN hey DooDoo, unseen as in Supergoop?? I feel your pain...... summer sucks!!

·
Administrator
33,997 Posts
Haha tell me about it. The weather in the uk is weird. It can be very hot in the morning and by midday it’s very cloudy and rainy,and when it’s hot( rarely) it’s baking hot😂. A bleachers nightmare 😂😂
Awwwh @kweeny I miss the UK.....this year we did Paris/Holland, last year we did London/Holland. Will come back to London soon 🥰.....you don't know hot until you've lived in CA.......isn't a day without sun 👎 you learn to become vampires and lather up. I can't wait for Fall.

Reactions: kweeny

·
Registered
361 Posts
Awwwh @kweeny I miss the UK.....this year we did Paris/Holland, last year we did London/Holland. Will come back to London soon 🥰.....you don't know hot until you've lived in CA.......isn't a day without sun 👎 you learn to become vampires and lather up. I can't wait for Fall.
You have to let me know when you are on this side. 😘😘

1 - 18 of 18 Posts