Skin Care Talk banner

sun damage

4K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  kibbles 
#1 ·
i need a good lotion for my body that will help correct and prevent more sun damage! Any suggestions? I have been using Curel Restore and Revive and I like it but I cant really say its correcting anything. Plus it doesnt have sunblock in it!

#2 ·
Jeez, Yellow Rose ... (I have creamy yellow roses crawling all over the window as I write). I make a cream that works a miracle, but I'm not allowed to advertise it on here! When I'm famous and my brandname gets chucked around and approved or not, I'll let you know what's in it ... in the meantime, go find someone who makes a cream because they HAD to to save their own skin ... hmmmm ... tap,tap,tap ... if you want to respond, I guess I can give you some tips for your stovetop if you want to make your own ...

#4 ·
I am a chemist by profession and I am not a believer in chemical peels. There's nothing good about subjecting your fragile, probably already damaged, skin to the harshness of chemicals. The best treatment for sun damage is to avoid the sun. But since this is a little too late in your situtation, I would make sure my skin is fully hydrated and use a product that contains antioxidants. There are options such as botox and botox-mimic alternatives.

Visit my website for additional information on skin care. Hope that helps.

Generally speaking, most of the women in this world that look "young" at an older age have not used dermabrasion, chemical peels or the sort

#5 ·
Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen. This is probably one of the best skin care products you can possibly use. There are no products available over the counter that are going to have a huge impact on sun damage that has already occurred. Fraxel Laser is an excellent treatment for sunspots.

#8 ·
I guess there are two things here. The first, in order to prevent MORE sundamage you need to be religious in your application of sunblock. Dermalogica makes a nice one called ultra faceblock. Secondly, you can reduce or eliminate your current sundamage with a series of gentle peels (mild acids or gentle enzymes) or a few IPL sessions. Fraxel will work as well, but is generally more expensive, and unless you have deep melasma it is not needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.