Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you remember when Sun-less Tanning Creams first came out? Those of us that were brave enough to try them were all walking around with orange knees and elbows. We all looked pretty ridiculous didn't we? Now, sun-less tanners are made better and becoming more and more popular. There is also a lot of information out there about skin cancer, tanning beds, and what effect these can have on our skin. Some of us are heading the warnings and properly taking care our skin. But, we all want to look good, we all want to have the darkest tan, right? So, instead of wasting time "laying-out" for hours in the sun or paying to lay in a tanning bed, why not use a sun-less tanner, keep your skin healthy and possibly looking ten years younger?

A lot has changed since the days of orange knees and elbows. Some companies have developed better creams, but there are still some creams that will leave you looking orange. So how do you sort the good from the bad? In my experience, (and believe me, I've been orange enough to know) I've found that a natural-based sun-less tanner that is good quality (something that you did a little research on and didn't get at the local grocery store) works the best.

So, now that you have the right sun-less tanner, here are some tips and tricks that I have found will give you the best results: *

1. Make sure you use a good full-body exfoliating product that will remove the dead skin cells and moisturize at the same time. ("Sweet and Smooth" or a Moisturizing Salt Glow by Sensaria work well and smell incredible.) *

2. Moisturizing is important if you want your tan to last as long as possible. Body Butters are incredible for this. They are more concentrated than regular body lotions and really leave the skin hydrated. Once you've applied the body butter, let it absorb into the skin for about 30 minutes. *

3. Ok, now you are ready to apply the sun-less tanner. Concentrate on a small areas one at a time. Smooth a thin layer over the skin. Smooth and even thinner layer over areas like the knees, fingers, and elbows. *

4. Once you have applied the sun-less tanner to all areas of the body you'd like, finish off by scrubbing your hands with the same exfoliating product that you used in step 1. Really, scrub between those fingers and under your finger nails. *

5. This is an extra step that I just can not live without. If you want to enhance your new tan, if you want your skin to glow and look absolutely radiant, use a Body Luminizer. Now, you are ready to keep that summer tan all year long.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you for the information! I would also suggest (for any of those that are interested in self-tanners for the body and the face) to buy the April edition of InStyle magazine. There they tested all sorts of products and chose their favorite ones. There is a specific catagory there for self-tanning products!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a word of warning - check the ingredients and make sure you are not putting potentially toxic chemicals on your skin - they may well end up in your blood and therefore possibly cause you harm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts