Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Something really getting on my nerves. I'm 22 years old and have always been able to tan totally fine (i.e. all over) in the past 2 years, I have noticed that there is a certain area, just above my eyebrows, doesn't tan...

I would say that the area is about 2cm at its highest point, in a curve shape, and above both eyes.

Even when I have been in the sun for 2 hours or so at just 22 degrees, (without sun glasses, protection etc.) I tan fine everywhere but there is these 2 areas that don't???

Is there any explanation for this? I am about to go on holiday somewhere hot, and I don't want just my entire face to get browner and the 2 areas to stay white, it will look worse the more im in the sun!!!

Regards,
Derek.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
STOP TANNING NOW! This is how vitiligo first appears in some people. If you research the condition, it sometimes emerges as 'panda-like spots' on tanners. These white areas won;t tan. You can make this much worse if you keep tanning. Please go see a dermatologist & discuss it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have made an appointment with my doctor to see if he notices anything wrong, then I will probably be referred to see a derm...

I dont think its anything to do with vitiligo because the patches are not defined at all, there is a smooth blend from the lighter patches into the brown.

I also think the opposite of this scenario could be the problem, meaning that the tanned area above my eyebrows, is considerably browner/ tanned than any other part of my forehead?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Could be. I'm glad you're taking this to a derm. You'll get definite advice you can actually use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts