Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as suntan lotion or powder that gives the same coverage as a foundation. My skin's so bad that I don't like to go on holiday using just sun tan lotion on my face, but don't feel that foundation has enough spf.
Any help or thoughts would be great.
thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes there is, and it really is a decent sunscreen too. I have them and had to work with them a bit to get the coverage right:

Bioderma Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream PPD 41 -- LOWEST PRICE ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.!

Untitled Document (Avene sunscreen)

The Avene one comes in a tinted version too on that website. Avene contains titanium dioxide (helps protect against InfraRed rays), but both have tinosorb (stabilizes the chemical sunscreens in the products from breaking down and forming free radicals).

HTH. Or you could just use a powder like Cargo Blu-ray pressed powder over any sunscreen to take off the shine. It gives a nice bit of coverage and evening out of tone as well. Available at Sephora.com.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes there is, and it really is a decent sunscreen too. I have them and had to work with them a bit to get the coverage right:

Bioderma Photoderm MAX Tinted Cream PPD 41 -- LOWEST PRICE ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.!

Untitled Document (Avene sunscreen)

The Avene one comes in a tinted version too on that website. Avene contains titanium dioxide (helps protect against InfraRed rays), but both have tinosorb (stabilizes the chemical sunscreens in the products from breaking down and forming free radicals).

HTH. Or you could just use a powder like Cargo Blu-ray pressed powder over any sunscreen to take off the shine. It gives a nice bit of coverage and evening out of tone as well. Available at Sephora.com.
Definitely recommend Cargo Blu-ray pressed powder...works great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've managed to find the Avene product on a UK website at a not too extortionate price! I'll let you know how I get on.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bare Escentuals do a SPF 30 Mineral Make Up Sun Tan "Lotion" for face and body....pretty price around £28 (I think) in a buffing brush if you go onto the GlowGirl website you can see it there!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Jan Marini also makes a TINTED sunscreen, it is foundation/screen in one. I do not like it as it turns clothes colours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bare Escentuals do a SPF 30 Mineral Make Up Sun Tan "Lotion" for face and body....pretty price around £28 (I think) in a buffing brush if you go onto the GlowGirl website you can see it there!
I think I saw this in Selfridges last week. The girl on the counter said it was £25 and spf 30. It came in 3 shades. The Avene tinted lotion I've ordered was £16 including packing so I'll try that first.
Thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts