Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Personally, I like the Vichy spf 60- It's not greasy, I never burn with it, and there is a nice sheen to it, that makes my skin look brighter and healthier.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
No residue- just a very fine sheen- don't worry you won't look like a goth wanna-be! Go to your local beauty counter and ask for a sample. I go and ask for 4 sample tubs and I get enough for the whole year!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. Thanks. I just purchased fair and lovely. Spf25 and tpi70. I read it has been awarded 4 european star for preventing maximum tanning. Also its damn cheap.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good for you!Sounds good to me! I know about the cheap thing that is why I ask for 4 sample tubes! it's free !

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It says ' active sunblock '. Fights 6 signs of sun damage. Contains titanium dioxide, niacinamide, vit e, oxybenzone......

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops i forgot. The tpi means tan protection index. Darker skin is more prone to tanning.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
it sounds good to me, have you tried a test spot first, I always have too, my skin reacts to alot of things.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
o wow I didnt know fair and lovely made a sunblock but with all due respect its a shitty sunscreen, spf 25 wont help you much from protecting yourself from the sun, and if titanium dioxide and oxybenzone are the only thing in that sunblock then thats very poor. TPI? get a european brand sunscreen with an spf of 30 or more with ingredients that are proven to actually protect ur skin like Mexoryl XS, Mexoryl XL, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Parsol etc. look at the other sunscreen threads there are product examples there, Vichy is a GREAT brand for good sun protection and so is the La Roche Posay Anthelois Line.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I've heard good things about Vichy..I cant afford to not find a REALLY good one because those of us with darker skin tan super easy... so where 35 may work for someone fair skinned.. it just cant cut it for those with more melanin....

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
In the summer i change from my usual moisturizer and sun cream to la prairie factor 50 moisturizer which for me is a lot easier as when travelling abroad and at home you have only one pot to pack and you dont forget to put your sunscreen on if your in a rush, also the product is really good on the skin it dosent block pores it has no white residue and smells of holidays sinse ive used it the only way my skin has tanded is the fake way its @£60 but lasts for ages and you save money as you are not buying two products!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Invisible Zinc!!!! zincsunblock. co. nz

This has turned out to be the best facial sunscreen I have ever used. Over time I have found that sun is the biggest trigger for causing a flare up in my Rosacea. It has been an absolute Godsend for me in finding a sunscreen that doesn’t burn, looks natural and doesn’t feel like a mask.

I also think that it has been extremely beneficial in the healing of my skin. I have been using another medication concurrently but I have to say that my skin looks perfect. I now wear Invisible Zinc everyday whether I plan on going outside or not. I had a colleague at work tell me today that my skin just glows. Well I can not get better feedback than that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all Sunblock advisers!
Do you use the sunscreen on clean face before you moisturise, or does the sunblock relplace the moisturiser??

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi all Sunblock advisers!
Do you use the sunscreen on clean face before you moisturise, or does the sunblock relplace the moisturiser??
In the day I use sunblock as my moisturiser. At night I use a regular moisturiser.

If I use sunblock and moisturiser, it makes for a greasy mess.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nuetrogena spray form is good, and as most I hate that white powdery look most leave.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Well I tried the Invisible Zinc for the first time today. This one (except that mine came in a cute new purse-size 30ml pump):

invisible zinc environmental skin protector SPF30+ 50ml :: RY Hair Care & Skin Care store

The first thing I noticed was that instead of my skin stinging when I first put it on in the morning, like my chemical sunblock did, it immediately soothed my skin. My skin felt almost back to normal, like it was before I was using RA. I couldn't believe it. Just so incredibly comfortable. It did have a very slight white cast, but absorbed completely to a lovely matte finish.

Instead of the bright red face I've had over the last couple of weeks, it looked almost pale again. Yaaaayy. I think it is a combination of the slight white cast and the very soothing, almost anti-inflammatory effect from the zinc. This is just what I hoped it would do

The only disadvantage was the funny smell which did linger, but for all its advantages, I can live with this. So I am VERY happy!

Oh BTW, in Australia 30+ is the maximum allowed on labelling, so it's probably a lot more. Stupid law!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts