Skin Care Talk banner

SUNCREEN. What's the favorite these days?

31K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
What is the favorite natural sunscreen that works well these days?

#3 ·
Really it depends on where I am going and what I will be doing........I still use Burnout and Purple Prairie during the heat of summer. Cooler times Devita and Pratima. I did just order a bottle of Bioderma, as well....starting to stock up, soon enough it will be that time of year :sunshine:

#7 ·
Really it depends on where I am going and what I will be doing........I still use Burnout and Purple Prairie during the heat of summer. Cooler times Devita and Pratima. I did just order a bottle of Bioderma, as well....starting to stock up, soon enough it will be that time of year :sunshine:
Gymrat > how is Devita these days? According to themselves their latest batch (starting with X) should be as good as in the 'old days', but honestly I have lost my trust in them :)

#4 ·
I love Lakme Sunscreens ... No white cast, work well, and have high spf's ...

#11 ·
@gymrat - Wouw that would be great, if the 'old' devita is back. IMO it was the best 'no white cast' sunscreen. Please let me know if you got the latest batch :)
Hi @webs

I used it today and its back to how it once was!! No flakes, no white cast, just the good ol Devita we once knew!! My new tube is the batch below, I hope you can see it.....if not its P258
Text Tree Wood Plant Paper

#15 ·
OMG I'm so happy to hear that Devita is going back to "normal"! @gymrat Where did you buy yours? I used to buy mine at Amazon.

Question: Has anyone here used the Devita Body sunscreen? What is the difference and can that be used for face? Both has 19% Zinc. I ask b/c you get so much more product for a few more dollars. With Pratima, I bought their "body" sunscreen and used it on face with no problem. Can I do the same with Devita?

#16 ·
OMG I'm so happy to hear that Devita is going back to "normal"! @gymrat Where did you buy yours? I used to buy mine at Amazon.

Question: Has anyone here used the Devita Body sunscreen? What is the difference and can that be used for face? Both has 19% Zinc. I ask b/c you get so much more product for a few more dollars. With Pratima, I bought their "body" sunscreen and used it on face with no problem. Can I do the same with Devita?
Hi @Learning1 so nice to see you posting!!

I purchased my recent tube from Vitacost. And yes, I have used both version and I see no difference. You get more bang for your buck using the body version!!

#22 ·
Hey @gymrat, I have been using the devita sunscreen since 3days. When I applied it for the first time, there was a very little white cast on my darkskin, but after like 15 mins it just dissapeared :D. Its also very moisturising and easy to rub in, I'm glad I ordered it.:)
One question could you maybe pm me, as I can't pm anyone first till I reach 20 posts, at least that what Ive hard. I've got an issue.. that isn't regarding about this thread or sunscreens and I see you've helped a lot of people in this forum and might be able to help me too.

#23 ·
Hey @gymrat, I have been using the devita sunscreen since 3days. When I applied it for the first time, there was a very little white cast on my darkskin, but after like 15 mins it just dissapeared :D. Its also very moisturising and easy to rub in, I'm glad I ordered it.:)
One question could you maybe pm me, as I can't pm anyone first till I reach 20 posts, at least that what Ive hard. I've got an issue.. that isn't regarding about this thread or sunscreens and I see you've helped a lot of people in this forum and might be able to help me too.
YES!! @gabriel97 that is the nice thing with Devita, it does provide great moisture. I am so glad it is working for you so far. And yes you do need 20 posts, but I'd be more than happy to help you!! Keep posting :type:

#32 ·
#34 ·
hi @gymrat thanks! glad to hear that.
I just purchased one (Iherb is having 10% off for memorial day).
Ookay,,even tho i said I'm not going to use it, I just bought it out of my curiosity. haha!

well, if I don't like it, might just toss it to my dry-skin sister. hihiihi
@chocosweet LOLOLOL, we all need to have those to pass along our "don't like" stash too. My friends love my skincare hammy-downs :five:. Good to know iHerbs is having 10% off, I better go lurk their site and see what grabs me!!

#37 ·
im using bioderma aquafluid very light weight and touch dry but by the end of the day feel like its absorbed into my skin i have no idea if its still working, i touch my skin feels like its gone! it says suitable for all skin type . but probably not if u sweat alot!

#38 ·
I've used Pratima (hate that it's so expensive...almost $50 with shipping!). :mad: I also used Juice Beauty CC Cream with make-up and love it. I have medium-brown, normal to dry skin so white cast is a problem for me with zinc sunscreens. I used to LOVE Devita with the old formula.

Questions:

1) So Devita is back to the old formula?!! I see that the body version has 14% zinc and face (solar moisturizer) has 19% zinc. Body version is a better bargain price wise but does the Zinc % make a difference? I live in the South and get exposed to sun mainly when driving/walking into grocery stores etc.

2) Does anyone here use Asian sunscreen? I hear great reviews about them but many are high in alcohol content and are drying. I tested Shiseido sunscreen's and found their drying. Anyone know of any Asian sunscreen that's suitable for normal to dry skin?

#39 ·
I hear ya on Pratima and their shipping is quite pricey. I believed I payed $15 last time. They do have free shipping but its only once a year. I can use Pratima only during the cooler months.

As for Devita yes its back to normal. I have a new tube I need to see which it is, whether the body or face version. I will check and let you know. And yes the higher the zinc the better protection.

Have you tried Burnout Face & Body? Its great goes on similar to Devita.

Asian sunscreens yes I have tried a few, they do contain alcohol. Most are more like a milky fluid. I can't use them during the summer months. They work great as a makeup primer :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.