Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
@gabriel97, yes, I am sure by now iHerb has the new batches of Devita. The new formula came out a year or so ago, so I'm sure what you get from iHerb will be great!! Much better choice in my opinion than Alba Botnica, Alba is a bit to heavy for me personally. Devita is more like a light moisturizer, won't leave any cast. :thumbsup:

If you are located near a Whole Foods, you can sample it there. I can find Devita locally, in most health food stores, but online is just much easier for :eek:

Let me know how Devita works out for you!!
Thanks for the help @gymrat. I will definitely order the devita ss, light and no white cast that's what I've been acc looking for :D. Yeah I will let you know how it will work out, I just couldn't stand the Alba Botanica anymore lol :)

Hey @gymrat, I have been using the devita sunscreen since 3days. When I applied it for the first time, there was a very little white cast on my darkskin, but after like 15 mins it just dissapeared :D. Its also very moisturising and easy to rub in, I'm glad I ordered it.:)
One question could you maybe pm me, as I can't pm anyone first till I reach 20 posts, at least that what Ive hard. I've got an issue.. that isn't regarding about this thread or sunscreens and I see you've helped a lot of people in this forum and might be able to help me too.

Hey @gymrat, I have been using the devita sunscreen since 3days. When I applied it for the first time, there was a very little white cast on my darkskin, but after like 15 mins it just dissapeared :D. Its also very moisturising and easy to rub in, I'm glad I ordered it.:)
One question could you maybe pm me, as I can't pm anyone first till I reach 20 posts, at least that what Ive hard. I've got an issue.. that isn't regarding about this thread or sunscreens and I see you've helped a lot of people in this forum and might be able to help me too.
YES!! @gabriel97 that is the nice thing with Devita, it does provide great moisture. I am so glad it is working for you so far. And yes you do need 20 posts, but I'd be more than happy to help you!! Keep posting :type:

Awwhh @Neom, and how is it working?? The finish is ok for you?? No issues??

Now you know why I like it so much :five:

Hey, I know off topic but how are you liking the Laura Gellar?? Still a good one??
Nope all good. It just feels really good and lightweight. No horrible chemically smell you get with some. I've still got another full tube lying somewhere.

I update the other thread but yes yes yes. Another one to add to the forever growing must haves haha

hi @gymrat thanks! glad to hear that.
I just purchased one (Iherb is having 10% off for memorial day).
Ookay,,even tho i said I'm not going to use it, I just bought it out of my curiosity. haha!

well, if I don't like it, might just toss it to my dry-skin sister. hihiihi

hi @gymrat thanks! glad to hear that.
I just purchased one (Iherb is having 10% off for memorial day).
Ookay,,even tho i said I'm not going to use it, I just bought it out of my curiosity. haha!

well, if I don't like it, might just toss it to my dry-skin sister. hihiihi
@chocosweet LOLOLOL, we all need to have those to pass along our "don't like" stash too. My friends love my skincare hammy-downs :five:. Good to know iHerbs is having 10% off, I better go lurk their site and see what grabs me!!

im using bioderma aquafluid very light weight and touch dry but by the end of the day feel like its absorbed into my skin i have no idea if its still working, i touch my skin feels like its gone! it says suitable for all skin type . but probably not if u sweat alot!

I've used Pratima (hate that it's so expensive...almost $50 with shipping!). :mad: I also used Juice Beauty CC Cream with make-up and love it. I have medium-brown, normal to dry skin so white cast is a problem for me with zinc sunscreens. I used to LOVE Devita with the old formula.

Questions:

1) So Devita is back to the old formula?!! I see that the body version has 14% zinc and face (solar moisturizer) has 19% zinc. Body version is a better bargain price wise but does the Zinc % make a difference? I live in the South and get exposed to sun mainly when driving/walking into grocery stores etc.

2) Does anyone here use Asian sunscreen? I hear great reviews about them but many are high in alcohol content and are drying. I tested Shiseido sunscreen's and found their drying. Anyone know of any Asian sunscreen that's suitable for normal to dry skin?

I've used Pratima (hate that it's so expensive...almost $50 with shipping!). :mad: I also used Juice Beauty CC Cream with make-up and love it. I have medium-brown, normal to dry skin so white cast is a problem for me with zinc sunscreens. I used to LOVE Devita with the old formula.

Questions:

1) So Devita is back to the old formula?!! I see that the body version has 14% zinc and face (solar moisturizer) has 19% zinc. Body version is a better bargain price wise but does the Zinc % make a difference? I live in the South and get exposed to sun mainly when driving/walking into grocery stores etc.

2) Does anyone here use Asian sunscreen? I hear great reviews about them but many are high in alcohol content and are drying. I tested Shiseido sunscreen's and found their drying. Anyone know of any Asian sunscreen that's suitable for normal to dry skin?
I hear ya on Pratima and their shipping is quite pricey. I believed I payed $15 last time. They do have free shipping but its only once a year. I can use Pratima only during the cooler months.

As for Devita yes its back to normal. I have a new tube I need to see which it is, whether the body or face version. I will check and let you know. And yes the higher the zinc the better protection.

Have you tried Burnout Face & Body? Its great goes on similar to Devita.

Asian sunscreens yes I have tried a few, they do contain alcohol. Most are more like a milky fluid. I can't use them during the summer months. They work great as a makeup primer :eek:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.