Skin Care Talk banner

421 - 437 of 437 Posts

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Gymmie...last batch I made...had...forgot...but was not borage...was..
...hmmm...Macadamia or sometang? ...Maybe was olive oil and grapeseed oil. Crap....really...don't remember.

*sigh*....Alzheimer's I tell ya....

CoQ10...was going to add ALA to that batch, but was not enough...so threw in what I had [ I know...shoot me] and - from the oils. But that was the formula.

Q10 in with lecithin and oils....then the rest. It's a nice one. B5 and E acetate make for nice slip.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Gymmie...last batch I made...had...forgot...but was not borage...was..
...hmmm...Macadamia or sometang? ...Maybe was olive oil and grapeseed oil. Crap....really...don't remember.

*sigh*....Alzheimer's I tell ya....

CoQ10...was going to add ALA to that batch, but was not enough...so threw in what I had [ I know...shoot me] and - from the oils. But that was the formula.

Q10 in with lecithin and oils....then the rest. It's a nice one. B5 and E acetate make for nice slip.
Nice!!
Macadamia I have along with grapeseed and a few others......borage oil .....I wouldn't have enough of for this recipe. Have that on my list of wants/needs at SEA-
Guess I better check my Q10 supply while I'm at it..............goodness, my list keeps growing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is great! Thanks so much. Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I have yet to read through all 22 pages- how much sunscreen does this make? I want to make arounf 2 ounces of it at a time.

Can I double up on the ZNO? I am looking to make a sunscreen with an spf of at least 55 if possible?

Thanks!

-m.kaay

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
25% ZnO updated version and the current mix I am using, which I by far prefer over the others. It's light, spreads nicely and stays put without feeling greasy. Very moisturizing on my skin.

Oils 21%
Sea emollient 22%
Vitamin E acetate 1%
H20 17%
Lecithin 8%
Dexpanthenol 3%
ZnO 25%
Poly 80 2%
CoQ10 1%

Go here to calculate the exact amounts based on the total you want to make.

Use the calculator to reduce the total quantity or fiddle with the ZnO content...be warned though...it's a lot of ZnO.

·
Registered
581 Posts
DragoN the coQ10 is in powder form?
since i have the lecithin and really like it on my skin,i am tempting to DIY this version of ss..

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
DragoN the coQ10 is in powder form?
since i have the lecithin and really like it on my skin,i am tempting to DIY this version of ss..
Not Dragon....but yes CoQ10 is powder form.-
Pac give this SS a try and please let me know how it turns out for you!! I am waiting to master the MAP serum.......if I can do that, then I will give this SS a shot.

Co Enyzme Q 10 99.2%, Ubiquinone 3 grams

·
Registered
581 Posts
thank you gymrat for the info...

now..it's the time for DIYing i have to find..to make my ss batch..

i'll report back..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow, this is a recipe I def wanna try making. DragoN how often or do you find it necessary to reapply throughout the day?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Gymrat does this recipe have the same sort of feel as Burnout sensitive?

Does it work well under makeup? (sorry if this has been asked before, but so many pages of reading to go through, I got impatient lol)

·
Registered
195 Posts
25% ZnO updated version and the current mix I am using, which I by far prefer over the others. It's light, spreads nicely and stays put without feeling greasy. Very moisturizing on my skin.

Oils 21%
Sea emollient 22%
Vitamin E acetate 1%
H20 17%
Lecithin 8%
Dexpanthenol 3%
ZnO 25%
Poly 80 2%
CoQ10 1%

Use the calculator to reduce the total quantity or fiddle with the ZnO content...be warned though...it's a lot of ZnO.
any chance this could make it into the lineup of sea kits? pretty pleeease lol

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This is great! Thanks so much. Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I have yet to read through all 22 pages- how much sunscreen does this make? I want to make arounf 2 ounces of it at a time.

Can I double up on the ZNO? I am looking to make a sunscreen with an spf of at least 55 if possible?

Thanks!

-m.kaay
Makes 107 grams as far as I can tell adding it all up, minus 5 grams for the bowl! one ounce = 28 grams

Not Dragon but do you really want to make a 50% zinc Sunscreen? That will surely be like baby butt paste. Too opaque and geisha like to be usable!

Is the zinc content more important than the SPF in a sunscreen?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Gymrat does this recipe have the same sort of feel as Burnout sensitive?

Does it work well under makeup? (sorry if this has been asked before, but so many pages of reading to go through, I got impatient lol)
Different feel than Burnout, and yes you could wear it under makeup with no problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
does it matter if the zinc is coated or uncoated? Will it make a difference in dispersion and the UVA effectiveness?

·
Registered
581 Posts

Oils 21%
Sea emollient 22%
Vitamin E acetate 1%
H20 17%
Lecithin 8%
Dexpanthenol 3%
ZnO 25%
Poly 80 2%
CoQ10 1%

I finally had some time for DIY and made that recipe..(for oil,i used broccoli)
it is very light on my face(oily/combo skin and some dry parts,since we are in the middle of winter)..no white cast at all,no greasiness at all..
never ever thought i could make a ss feelling so good on my skin..

a big thanks to DragoN

421 - 437 of 437 Posts