Skin Care Talk banner

Sunscreen help

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Clabbergirl 
#1 ·
Just like others i am thinking of starting the HQ 4% and Retin A regimen...

however, the only problem is that i have combination to oily skin and it seems that whenever i put on sunscreen (especially in the summer seasons)..my skin gets oily after about 30 minutes after putting on the sunscreen...

even though a lot of sunscreens say they are light and non greasy they ALL turn up oily on my skin..anybody else have this problem?

can anybody suggest a sunscreen which is REALLY not oily if put on combination/oily skin?...i know that sunscreen is vital to the HQ/Retin regimen but do not want to start this method until I find a suncreen that actually goes dry on the skin becasue i do not want my skin to look oily...

#4 ·
£33.00 for a bottle of sunscreen?! What's in gold? There's no way I could ever afford that kind of money on a bottle of sunscreen, although considering how little sun we get the less expensive stuff should suffice!

#5 ·
Does pure zinc also turn oily on your skin? They have clear zinc sunscreens now that are affordable (less than $10 a 5oz tube) so you don't look like you're wearing chalk on your face. There's a little residue as it dries sometimes where you've spread it, but it is the one thing I've found that stays pretty dry and doesn't turn slick. I had to order online to locate it, but I understand what you mean about everything turning greasy. I have the same problem.

#6 ·
ive tried the clear zinc as well...so what happens is when i first put any sunscreen on it is fine and okay-deosnt look oily but about anywhere 1 hour and on, it seems as though something (i guess the oil) pushes out of the skin so that my nose looks really oily..it seems as though this is either the oil from my skin or the sunscreen materials are being pushed out from inside my skin.. but when i dont put any sunscreen on, my nose really isnt that oily, meaning i never have to wash my fash during the day if i dont put any sunscreen...really weird...

#8 ·
I don't know what to suggest then. What kind of cleaning routine are you using? When skin gets super oily during the day (regardless of products), often the oil cleaning method will work. But if yours isn't oily unless you use sunscreen, it must be some kind of reaction to the ingredients. Any luck putting a sunscreen on, then using a mattifier?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.