Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody currently using sunscreen in a gel form? If so, can you please tell me the brand and spf factor?

I have heard the gel form is good for oily skin types.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peter Thomas Roth used to make the BEST sunscreen in gel form and I was sick when they discontinued the product. It was their Peter Thomas Roth Oil-Free Hydrating Sunscreen Gel SPF 20. I used to get compliments on my skin all the time when I used this product. It gave a beautiful glow to the skin. It was amazing. The only drawback I found was the alcohol content. If anyone was dissatisfied with the product, it was likely due to that one small factor. But honestly, I have the most sensitive skin of anyone that I know, yet I could tolerate this product very well. I wish they would bring it back, or maybe create a comparable product, meaning a sunscreen in gel form. But I know that is unlikely.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by louisej

I'll really need to get some. Do you get a sunscreen gel for the face too? I find it an absolute nightmare walking around like a big oily gloop on the summer days here..and it makes my applying makeup to my face patchy.

I love the 5-star UVA Soltan Once Face Cream (from Boots) but it's super greasy.

You may consider heliocare gel.. my practitioner claims its one of the best. I have the tinted gel, but the transparent gel glides on without oily residue.

Heliocare Gel SPF 90 - Heliocare - AesthetiCare

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Ew sunscreen in gel form - now Im against it, gel gets absorbed so the chemicals in teh sunscreen are absorbed into the skin and once it is absorbed it gets used up and recycled by the body quickly so you have to use it every two hours throughout the whole day. Also, Zinc Oxide is far better.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hope you find something decent, good luck.....On another note, I have always wondered what boots soltan was like, apart from the greasiness, how would you rate it ?

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by louisej

Just bought this today, it's also 5-star UVA; Superdrug are doing ALL of their sunscreens "buy one get one free" but it said the Solait range offer runs out today, not sure about other brands.

Boots are doing "buy one get one free" too: Face - Boots (the "once" face range..when I bought it last year SPF 25 was the highest)

Original - Boots (ordinary face range).

Alas, hardly any gel/clear sunscreens at all in Superdrug, none for the face. I'll look in Boots tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I'm only guessing, but if you don't find any in boots, you could also try Adsa's for the gel, if there is one local to you. A Daily Mail report claims Asda sunscreens are good. I will be trying one of those soon.

£3 Asda sun lotion shines out as top performer among protective creams | Mail Online

1 - 12 of 12 Posts