Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it pointless to wear sunscreen when you wear make-up? i've heard a dermatologist say we HAVE to reapply suncreen every 2 or 3 hours for it to work especially in summertime, because when you sweat sunscreen goes away, and he swears no sunscreen protect all day long no matter what the brand say.. so what do you think? i like to have make-up all day when I work or I'm outside the house. I use a fade cream on my face to remove dark spots bc of severe acne i had, and it's extremely important i use a high sunscreen cream. but how can you wear suncreen and make up at the same time?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
There are some foundations made with sunscreen in them already you might want to look for. Other than that, you're out of luck: sunscreen is indispensable (make-up or not) esp for people using RA or HQ. Do you really need full foundation? A dusting of loose powder might be a good compromise. Then, you just rapidly wipe yr face off, reapply yr sunblock & another dusting of powder.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ondine, you are right. i'm going to research a foundation that has high sunscreen in it! yes I use only loose powder, especially now that all the bad spots are been removed from my face. it makes sense what you say, how I didn't think of it !! i'm new to that, i have so many things to learn for my new lifestyle. I just started being self-conscious about my health and look..

anyways. I found this post on the "BASIC SKIN CARE" forum pretty good advice too.

Quote: Originally Posted by

Plush Junkie
SCT Newbie

My Mood:

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Re: sunscreen under make-up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use the Neutrogena sheer dry sunblock in SPF 70 (8.99 at Target) and mix it with my foundation. It turns it into a tinted moisturizer. I still get the coverage and the high SPF means I don't have to sacrifice on sun protection.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ondine, you are right. i'm going to research a foundation that has high sunscreen in it! yes I use only loose powder, especially now that all the bad spots are been removed from my face. it makes sense what you say, how I didn't think of it !! i'm new to that, i have so many things to learn for my new lifestyle. I just starting being self-conscious about my health and look..

anyways. I found this post on the "BASIC SKIN CARE" forum pretty good advice too.
I actually do something similar. I put my Neutrogena 90 on and then my liquid foundation right after... they both dry together so there is no chalky look exc for me

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ondine, and others can you please let me know if foundation + sunscreen or loose powder + sunscreen, won't weaken the potency of the suncreen to protect us agaisn't the sun??

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It may weaken it a little BUT if the foundation contains a sunscreen too, it'll help negate any chance of excessive dilution of yr sunblock. The sunblock may make yr foundation colour too light so test & check your look to avoid the masked effect of too pale make-up.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ondine, and others can you please let me know if foundation + sunscreen or loose powder + sunscreen, won't weaken the potency of the suncreen to protect us agaisn't the sun??
I'm anxious to know about the loose powder too* its just that now that I'm using the RA my usually somewhat oily skin is taking better to liquid. In winter I Always use liquid, but in hot months I switch back over. Good luk on finding ur answer**

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi blackgirl, when I have limited time, I use sunscreen, wait for 3 mins, buff mineral foundation (which also contain titanium and zinc), finish with powder and go. I get the double sun protection and good coverage made up look, without the need of reapply anything.

PS:Im allergic to bismuth, so be careful and check the ingredients. Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
I read your post...hope I'm not duplicating my response....

Try those mineral powder sun protections that are able to be reapplied over makeup.

One company I know of is colorscience, another is Peter Thomas Roth spf 30 mineral and matte (great for oily skintypes)

Check them out, great option for reapplying sun protection (easy to put in your handbag too)!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts