Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was thinking about going to croatia for seven days.

I have fair skin and burn easily. Is it safe for me to go if I wear sunscreen or will I eventually burn regardless, given its for seven days?

Only other hot climate I've been to is Florida and that was for just shy of four days.

Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi,

I was thinking about going to croatia for seven days.

I have fair skin and burn easily. Is it safe for me to go if I wear sunscreen or will I eventually burn regardless, given its for seven days?

Only other hot climate I've been to is Florida and that was for just shy of four days.

Thanks
If you wear a good sunscreen and apply it every two hours while you're in the sun it's safe

Use a sunscreen with hight SPF and PPDF. Good ones:

LRP fluide extreme
Sofina
Avève

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by jessicaromero

SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus IR3535Âae EXPEDITIONâ„¢ SPF 30 Pump Spray $14
at avon web-site look me up jromero9974 I'm also able to chat live online for any tips on skin care

I'm on it.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I read that the SSS spf30 formula is sticky but it does keep the mosquitoes away. The spf 15 formula is NOT sticky, though.
None of SSS worked for me, for keeping the mosquitoes away! Years ago I would use it after I showered. That was when Avon was popular and they had them dropping books off at your door step. Boy......those were the days!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
None of SSS worked for me, for keeping the mosquitoes away! Years ago I would use it after I showered. That was when Avon was popular and they had them dropping books off at your door step. Boy......those were the days!!!
Yeah - I had more Avon stuff that I didn't need - and Tupperware too! But the parties were fun and we always got a surprise gift. I still have some of those things - weird colors but it has lasted forever. The plastic is probably not safe to use, though - we've learned alot since then.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Yeah - I had more Avon stuff that I didn't need - and Tupperware too! But the parties were fun and we always got a surprise gift. I still have some of those things - weird colors but it has lasted forever. The plastic is probably not safe to use, though - we've learned alot since then.
Oh ya me too. I have a lot of tupperware. Loads of colors. My favorite tupperware item that I got so much use out of was the jello mold. I don't know what happened to mine. It disappeared. I miss that little thing!!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I use Avene Emulsion 50+
It doesn't have avobenzone and isn't very greasy-looking.
But I like Bioderma Photoderm better, as you probably know!!
Speaking of the Bioderma Photoderm, I FINALLY got my bottle yesterday. Took forever but should be well worth it. It is amazing as it goes on with no whiteness to speak of.
Not overly greasy or shiny. It is a spray pump and I hate spray sunscreens cause they are so messy so I took the pump off and replaced it with a cap. Easier also to measure out the proper amount to use each day. One thing about these "waterier" sunscreens like many spray ones are is it is easier to aplly the sunscreen. It's tough to aplly the 1/2 a teaspoon combined for the face/neck with thicker sunscreens.
The price of this sunscreen is as good as it gets for one of this quality.
PPD35 SPF 100........Bottle say's SPF 50+ but French rules state you cant say it is over this amount. It is costly but you gotta remember your buying a 400ml bottle. That is huge compared to most other sizes. The free shipping aint bad either.

French Cosmetics for Less-Product Details

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Looks good, Peri! Do you know what the ppd is? I am increasingly anal about ppd lately as the sun gets hotter and hotter here in CowflopUSA.

& I like that it doesn't have moisturizers, cuz face it, who needs more moisture when the humidity and the temp are both 98. Has tinosorb, so you should be good to go Peri! Let us know how it holds up in HOTlanta!!

PS - what was S&H?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Looks good, Peri! Do you know what the ppd is? I am increasingly anal about ppd lately as the sun gets hotter and hotter here in CowflopUSA.

& I like that it doesn't have moisturizers, cuz face it, who needs more moisture when the humidity and the temp are both 98. Has tinosorb, so you should be good to go Peri! Let us know how it holds up in HOTlanta!!

PS - what was S&H?
PPD35 with free shipping. Yes those nasty dog days down here will give it a test for sure.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hey I like that!

Too bad I have 3 tubes of Avene and a tube of Photomax to use up.....and I'm sure I will! Oh well, next summer.....or if I get lucky and move to Hawaii!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 136 Posts