Skin Care Talk banner

Sunscreen Spray

11K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  PrettyGirlNae 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Hope you are doing well! :D

I am looking for a sunscreen spray for arms and feet (I always wear long pants haha) that is not sticky, something like almost-aerosol type of sunscreen.
So far I can only find Neutrogena that has quite extensive range of sunscreen sprays.
Currently I use Bioderma photoderm max (body version - been using it for like 2 years religiously), it has really good protection and texture (for the protection it gives) but it is sticky, I use around 5-6 full sprays on each arm, and I always powder them with baby powder.
I'm quite fair so the white cast from the baby powder doesn't bother me, and it disappears after a while anyway.

Now, because of the stickiness and hassle (and I get itchy if I don't remove it after ~9hours use, due to the new job I have, it is not possible at the moment), I'm trying to find a sunscreen that is OK for normal sun exposure. I'm not in heavy exfoliation state, just a papaya soap at PM, once a week: Life Flo 1% retinol. Preferable that dries totally 'matte' on the arms.

I tried to use physical sunscreen on the body, but it gets rubbed off too easily on me.

So, do you have any recommendation of spray sunscreen that is good?

PS: I only recall years back that neutrogena helioplex being a stable sunscreen, is it still the case?

Thank you in advance! :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Where is that available? Walmart? Target?

#6 ·
hi @PrettyGirlNae thanks for the recommendation. Have you tried it yourself? If yes, how do you find it?
Will the zinc be rubbed off (and left white stain on the surrounding)?
You're welcome :)
I have not tried it but I also wanted to use a spray sunscreen so some months back I went searching and looking and I ran across this one.

#4 ·
I've seen a Nivea kids sunscreen spray ... Dunno if its sticky or not though...

#10 ·
#12 ·
@gymrat oh! thank you. didn't realize All Terrain has spray sunscreen. have you ever used it? does it stain? :S
yes, bioderma works really well. are you still using it?
No, I have never found any of them to stain. I have used it before.

The only downfall I have with spray sunscreens is getting them evenly applied. I end up using my hands to spread, so I don't really see the benefit.

As for Bioderma, yep, I currently have a tube of it, not the spray. I purchase it online. Are you able to find it locally??

#13 ·
hi @gymrat! well that's true. I wonder if there is an aerosol type, I guess that has to be a chemical type? Not that I mind though.

Yes, I still have 1 bottle (200ml) one and yes we can purchase it locally. Expensive though, 200ml spray for SGD62 (~USD45). Gotta wait for sale to buy. haha!

#14 ·
hi @gymrat! well that's true. I wonder if there is an aerosol type, I guess that has to be a chemical type? Not that I mind though.

Yes, I still have 1 bottle (200ml) one and yes we can purchase it locally. Expensive though, 200ml spray for SGD62 (~USD45). Gotta wait for sale to buy. haha!
@chocosweet, yes, there are loads of chemical spray sunscreens, although they won't protect you like a physical sunscreen would.

YES! Bioderma is quite pricey. My last tube came from France!! I wish I could get it locally. But most SS I use I have to order online........such is life :sunshine:

#15 ·
@gymrat that's true. darn. but I might take a chance (just out of curiosity) to buy aerosol sunscreens that are available locally.
I managed to find some
Biore: http://beautyforbrekkie.com/2015/07/biore-uv-spray-review/
Sunplay: http://www.watsons.com.sg/Default-Preview-Brand/All-Brands/SUNPLAY/c/SUNPLAY
Neutrogena: helioplex

I am not in peeling phase, and I work indoor as well. Currently it is so humid that I have been skipping sunscreen on body these days.
Plus, my office is located next to the sea (Marine sector)

How do you feel about chemical sunscreen, gymrat?

#16 ·
@gymrat that's true. darn. but I might take a chance (just out of curiosity) to buy aerosol sunscreens that are available locally.
I managed to find some
Biore: http://beautyforbrekkie.com/2015/07/biore-uv-spray-review/
Sunplay: http://www.watsons.com.sg/Default-Preview-Brand/All-Brands/SUNPLAY/c/SUNPLAY
Neutrogena: helioplex

I am not in peeling phase, and I work indoor as well. Currently it is so humid that I have been skipping sunscreen on body these days.
Plus, my office is located next to the sea (Marine sector)

How do you feel about chemical sunscreen, gymrat?
OMG @chocosweet, I was so curious I had to look.......you are in a location that I have on my bucket list!! I am so jealous!!! You have amazing product options, I had no idea you were there.........I have used several Japanese SS, I love their milky texture. They have a dual purpose, make great primers as well :eek: I haven't ever used a Japanese spray version but the Biore looks worthwhile.

Many UV filters you have where you are have not been approved by the FDA are not sold in the states. Mainly those listed below, which is why I have to purchase Bioderma online :eek:. If you find any with these below, they are great options. The only thing you need to be careful with is the alcohol content. Most Japanese SS have a large amount of alcohol which can be an issue for some.

• Mexoryl SX and XL
  • Tinosorb S and M
  • Uvinul T 150
  • Uvinul A Plus

#17 ·
@gymrat haha I'm located in Singapore dear. And yes, we have wide range of Japanese and Korean skincare here. But like you said, most of their sunscreens are lightweight but loaded with alcohol (and fragrance!) We do have La Roche, Bioderma, Uriage, RoC, etc as well. We are lacking physical SS range here though.

Okay, I think I will try Japanese spray sunscreen soon, as there is big sale coming soon. Hope it protects well though,,since we are near the equator too haha
Thank you for the advice! :)

#18 ·
@gymrat haha I'm located in Singapore dear. And yes, we have wide range of Japanese and Korean skincare here. But like you said, most of their sunscreens are lightweight but loaded with alcohol (and fragrance!) We do have La Roche, Bioderma, Uriage, RoC, etc as well. We are lacking physical SS range here though.

Okay, I think I will try Japanese spray sunscreen soon, as there is big sale coming soon. Hope it protects well though,,since we are near the equator too haha
Thank you for the advice! :)
I know where you are @chocosweet, and like I said, its on my bucket list. I hear its an extremely clean place, would love to see someday!!

Do give a few Japanese SS a try, they are worth it in my opinion. Plus you never know what will work for you until you give it a try.

#20 ·
hey darlings!

I just went to local drugstore nearby and checked the available spray (aerosol type) sunscreen there.
I found some brands like neutrogena, loreal, sunplay, biore, fruit of earth, and banana boat. I did take some pictures of the ingredient.
Not sure if anybody is interested, but I can upload it here :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.