Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, I am looking for recommendations for a sunscreen that doesnt break you out or clog pores, since im on Retin A and AHAs/BHAs exfoliants, my skin is rather sensitive, almost all the sunscreens that ive tried have caused a breakout, what do you guys advise?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
You posted the same question twice. Go to your first post, a few have posted on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am currently using RX suncare Faces SPF 50, and have had no problems with it at all. I was using Neutrogena Face Shield SPF70 and my skin did not like it at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've probably mentioned this like 100 times since I've become a member--maybe its because its the summer--I like to use KINeSYS performance sunscreen. It's oil, alcohol, paba and preservative free so it's not going to clog pores or dry out skin. It's also got topical anti-oxidants including vitamin E to replenish your skin as you take RetinA.

Best, Jenn

·
Registered
398 Posts
I love Shiseido SPF55 Lotion or Cream. I was using the Cream only and repurchased it several times. Tried the Lotion this summer for the first time since it's a lighter version. I love it and it doesn't break me out, and it's mattifying under makeup, IME.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I love Shiseido SPF55 Lotion or Cream. I was using the Cream only and repurchased it several times. Tried the Lotion this summer for the first time since it's a lighter version. I love it and it doesn't break me out, and it's mattifying under makeup, IME.
I just might give this a try-

Would you say the lotion is better if I am just wanting to use it under my makeup? It isn't greasy at all?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
hello everyone, I am looking for recommendations for a sunscreen that doesnt break you out or clog pores, since im on Retin A and AHAs/BHAs exfoliants, my skin is rather sensitive, almost all the sunscreens that ive tried have caused a breakout, what do you guys advise?
Be sure you are removing it scrupulously each night. Some sunscreens are very tenacious and that's what clogs the pores and causes breakouts. I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil then follow with another cleanser afterward to get it all off. It made a big difference in my skin when I started doing it this way. HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
doesnt the cleansing oil cause whiteheads or clogged pores after a while of usage? and which cleanser do u follow with? I am ordering bioderma photmax and avene do u think those will need vigorous scrubbing to fully get it off my face?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
doesnt the cleansing oil cause whiteheads or clogged pores after a while of usage? and which cleanser do u follow with? I am ordering bioderma photmax and avene do u think those will need vigorous scrubbing to fully get it off my face?
I have both and I wash my face with my cleanser then follow up with my micro fiber cloth.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
gymrat did they make u breAK OUT the avene and bioderma and are u pronme to breakouts?
No they didn't cause me to break out. I personally like Bioderma better.

Am I prone to breakouts?? Yes, I did 6 months of Accutane-

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I use the vichy for face spf 60. For me it works great, doesn't reactivate my acnee! I guess it's a hit and miss thing for everybody, but that is the one that works for me, I like the way it has a sublte sheen to it, kinda "blurs" the wrinkles.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
is the Sofina lucent any good - Fawnie, gymrat, peri????/
Sofina Lucent is very cosmetically elegant and works beautifully as a makeup primer or alone, but it just doesn't have much PPD protection (PPD is the measure of UVA protection. UVA rays cause ageing) - it's only estimated at 8-10, even tho the SPF is high. So it isn't good for long stretches of sun exposure or direct sun.

For reference, Bioderma Photoderm MAX fluide has PPD of 35 which is about as high as I've seen.

If you scroll down on this link some of the ingredients are listed. It contains alcohol and talc to mop up oil and give a nice finish.

Pink Sith: Sofina Perfect UV Lucent - My Holy Grail Sunscreen

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
fawnie, thank you, I tried the bioderma and avene, the bioderma, beside it being very expensive, cause a breakout and then it leaves a cast that looks like somebody rubbed lard on my face after a while, the avene emulsion was the same, sofina lucent probably wont purchase, any other sunscreens u recommend, like can u give me a list so i could look through and purchase

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil has emulsifiers to cut thru the oil and SS and it rinses off cleanly. I follow it with another cleanser (Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish) and then Liz Earle Skin Tonic. This keeps my pores from clogging with SS. You don't need to vigourously scrub, just rinse clean well. Liz Earle's cleanser comes with a rough polishing cloth that helps exfoliate but very gently. THe microfiber cloth that Gymrat mentioned is also good for following up after the DHC oil to remove all traces of SS and oil.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Here are some sites to look for SS
Avene Emulsion, Bioderma Photoderma MAX - Highest UVA Protection -- BEST PRICES ANYWHERE!

French Cosmetics for Less-Product Details

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your SS Lighten. It's very much trial and error to find one that you like I'm afraid. If you let the Avene and Bioderma sit for a while the shininess fades, or you may have to apply a powder afterward to matte it. Keep trying till you find one you like, but look for the ingredients Mexoryl or Tinosorb to stabilize the chemical SS ingredients.

This explains the ingredients to look for:
Skincare Central-All About Sunscreens

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts