Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that in this thread, everybody in the forum can post 1) name of sunscreen they are using and spf, what type of skin they have (dry, oily, or combination), whether they put powder/ makeup over their sunscreen so that it is less shiny or oily, and whether the sunscreen turns into an oily mess by the end of the day or has a white cast (noticable or even slightly)?

Im still in the search of finding that perfect sunscreen that is really cosmetically elegant because afterall without that theres no point to starting a skin lightening regiment.

Im a male with combination skin (oily- tzone ) so i cant get a shiny/oily sunscreen and then put powder over it because that would look odd. I have tried so many of the suncreen out there and even those suggested on the board (bioderma, LRP, various neutrogena spf's, dermalogica, vichy, avene etc..) The only one that calms down my oily t-zone is the shiseido sunscreen - it dries out my oily t-zone because the ingredients has talc in it- which is what i want - but it is only an spf 30 and ppd 8-10. I find that a lot of the higher spf and ppds are just too oily either when you intially apply them or after maybe 2-8 hours...i need something that will dry out my skin for pretty much the whole day so my nose doesnt look like a greaseball even after 8 hours!...other than shiseido i havent had sucess with anything out there...any suggestions? anybody else have this problem?

after my various trial and errors im thinkning i need a sunscreen that has talc (or something else out there) in the ingredients to dry that oil out....thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have been using this one for months. Botox Alternative SPF30 - Botox Alternative SPF30 Our anti-aging SPF 30 formula contains high...Â*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger I really like it, smells great, not too thick, doesn't leave a white cast. I like all the antioxidants. I am just not sure the SPF is quite enough. I may stick with this one since I do like it so much and I have never noticed getting any burn/tan while using it, but I do have on a foundation with sunscreen then cover that with mineral make-up. I want something stronger for my arms. I also have combo skin which leans more to oily.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sofina Lucent is one that doesn't turn me into a greaseball. It does contain talc.

Sofina Perfect UV Lucent 25ml**** Free international shipping*** Sofina Perfect UV Lucent [] - USD$20.06 : Bobodave Online Shop Ä_Ä_¦a

It is SPF 50 but only PPD 8-10 (pretty wimpy IMO) but the most wearable SS I've used. It's similar to Shiseido and doesn't leave a whitish cast.

It gets good reviews on MakeupAlley
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...ina/Sunscreen/

I have normal skin that gets oily in the summer. I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear powder foundation over my SS. Hope this helps!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I was hoping that in this thread, everybody in the forum can post 1) name of sunscreen they are using and spf, what type of skin they have (dry, oily, or combination), whether they put powder/ makeup over their sunscreen so that it is less shiny or oily, and whether the sunscreen turns into an oily mess by the end of the day or has a white cast (noticable or even slightly)?

Im still in the search of finding that perfect sunscreen that is really cosmetically elegant because afterall without that theres no point to starting a skin lightening regiment.

Im a male with combination skin (oily- tzone ) so i cant get a shiny/oily sunscreen and then put powder over it because that would look odd. I have tried so many of the suncreen out there and even those suggested on the board (bioderma, LRP, various neutrogena spf's, dermalogica, vichy, avene etc..) The only one that calms down my oily t-zone is the shiseido sunscreen - it dries out my oily t-zone because the ingredients has talc in it- which is what i want - but it is only an spf 30 and ppd 8-10. I find that a lot of the higher spf and ppds are just too oily either when you intially apply them or after maybe 2-8 hours...i need something that will dry out my skin for pretty much the whole day so my nose doesnt look like a greaseball even after 8 hours!...other than shiseido i havent had sucess with anything out there...any suggestions? anybody else have this problem?

after my various trial and errors im thinkning i need a sunscreen that has talc (or something else out there) in the ingredients to dry that oil out....thanks for the help.
Thanks for this thread .. this is a great idea!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use neutrogena spf 80 and it feels great and works nice for me but I am a
when it comes to sunscreen apparently. I didnt know there was so much involved in sunscreen and now I'm hearing neutrogena is not even that good lol

So I will be watching this thread like a hawk. What makes the spf30 sunscreen posted better than my spf 80?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and one more issue with sunscreens......hot and humid summers...what do we do when this time of the year comes around?

i stopped my skin lightening for the hot and humid summer here in new york and will resume in the fall...the problemi i have is that i have to travel to go to work which means sweating after putting on the hq and sunscreen...which means which means the sunscreen would wear off..which means the lightening creams effects would be reversed...is there anything that can be done about this (besides the solution of reapplying everytime you sweat- because this is not too realistic if you sweat a couple times a day since it is not cosmetically elegant to do so..

i wish the face never sweated or there really was a SWEATPROOF sunscreen!

if someone achieves there skin tone, are they doomed just because theyll sweat off the sunscreen in the hot weather? ehhh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts